60ft widebeam on the L&L?

leeco

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, frahkn said:

Well admittedly £200k is not a lot to cover your retirement but then again, it's more than some have to manage on.

Presumably they will have the state pension, which they paid for during their working lives and the "system" will have provided the usual stuff (police, medical services, etc etc) whether they wanted them or not.

I’ve told them to get a decent boat maybe a sail away at a decent standard for 60 - 70k and sit on the rest and see what happens after brexit with property and maybe re invest into property after what happens in the next few years. I think they have sold up at just the right time.

On 26/02/2019 at 17:40, peterboat said:

Because its a much nicer place to live inside, unless you have lived in both like mrsmelly and myself, you have no idea how pleasant a widebeam is in comparison to a narrowboat

? my narrow boat is like living in a hospital corridor ?

Anyway thanks for all the info and advice and I’ve been on here years and I didn’t expect anything than honest advice and criticism ? that’s why I love this place and would love to get my parents among us on the network. 

Ill tell you somethimg you don’t see stuff like you do on a street that you live on with community spirit than you do on waterways and that’s one reason I want them on it because I love it and they will.

its hard work trying to convince them this is the right move to do and I think they’re coming round to thinking how I’m thinking as property at this time could be a bad idea at this time but if they did this right it could be perfect if they got the right boat that could have potential.

still ongoing work with them but they have a big camper van to live in at the moment 

7 hours ago, leeco said:

Anyway thanks for all the info and advice and I’ve been on here years and I didn’t expect anything than honest advice and criticism ? that’s why I love this place and would love to get my parents among us on the network. 

Ill tell you somethimg you don’t see stuff like you do on a street that you live on with community spirit than you do on waterways and that’s one reason I want them on it because I love it and they will.

its hard work trying to convince them this is the right move to do and I think they’re coming round to thinking how I’m thinking as property at this time could be a bad idea at this time but if they did this right it could be perfect if they got the right boat that could have potential.

still ongoing work with them but they have a big camper van to live in at the moment 

Are you saying they are not 100% up for this life style change at their age, if its wrong not much opportunity to go back.

• Greenie 2

7 hours ago, leeco said:

In which case it would be a much better plan to rent out any property they have and travel round in the van.

You can get to more places, lifestyle can be much the same and they have the security from the property!

9 hours ago, leeco said:

?

I got the impression from your earlier posts that they wanted to get a boat. Just 'cause you love it, doesnt mean everyone will.

If it hard work to convince them then will it be right for them?

Yes, it might be the ideal, it is for us, but maybe they will take aversion to the downsides that we all take for granted.

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

I got the impression from your earlier posts that they wanted to get a boat. Just 'cause you love it, doesnt mean everyone will.

If it hard work to convince them then will it be right for them?

Yes, it might be the ideal, it is for us, but maybe they will take aversion to the downsides that we all take for granted.

One day they want a boat the next day they want a property the next day they want a boat now they’re buying a property ? I give up

1 minute ago, leeco said:

One day they want a boat the next day they want a property the next day they want a boat now they’re buying a property ? I give up

In that case they don't really want a boat at all, it just seamed a good idea at the time to them. But if they have sold one property and bought another they have lost a lot of their equity in moving.

5 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

In that case they don't really want a boat at all, it just seamed a good idea at the time to them. But if they have sold one property and bought another they have lost a lot of their equity in moving.

Who knows they might want a boat tonight again. I think they’re buying a house with a separate ground floor flat for a little over £100k so they will have plenty of money left over. Just looks like I’ve got loads of unpaid work heading my way again ??

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, leeco said:

That reads as if it is YOU that wants them to do this, and not them, and I suggest that this is not the way to go.

It has to be THEIR choice, not yours.

As said above, I suspect they would be better off travelling around in their camper van. 

5 hours ago, Graham Davis said:

That reads as if it is YOU that wants them to do this, and not them, and I suggest that this is not the way to go.

It has to be THEIR choice, not yours.

As said above, I suspect they would be better off travelling around in their camper van. 

I don’t want them on a boat it’s them that wanted a boat. I’m just trying to tell them the best options to get a boat. In the end they’re going back to property with potential hopefully. I’ve helped them on several properties over the years and I’ll help them on whatever venture they decide to do. Mums and dads eh ? I love em and probably re wired 5 properties up for them for nothing built loft conversions for nothing you wouldn’t believe the stuff I’ve done for them but I wouldn’t swap them. 

• Love 2

On 28/02/2019 at 09:48, LadyG said:

If only we could predict property prices next month, never mind in ten year's time ............. we'd all be billionaires. 

No we would not: if everyone could predict then there would be no margin to be made by the 'clever' or unscrupulous - or just plain lucky.