Some Pictures From Our Excellent Weekend.

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Our enormous thanks to "Chertsey" and PB for a lovely weekend away from home, (and a probably much needed break from the election!).

A bit disappointed with the pictures, but certainly not the weekend, and the excellent hospitality.

Also for Sarah being brave, and not only letting us try and "post" Chertsey through the narrow "Shroppie" bridge holes, but even letting me have a go at winding a 71' 6" boat with very unfamiliar controls.

Splendid time, (and yes we were the very model of good manners when passing the many moored boats!).

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1264-1.jpg

DSCF5392.jpg

Oh dear - who is this old bloke in a cap!

DSCF5402.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

DSCF5408.jpg

Edited by alan_fincher

Thank you Alan and Cath. We had a wonderful weekend - completely exhausted by the end of it!

On Sunday morning I was trying to work out why my sides hurt so much. It was the hysterical laughter at some of PB's story telling!

Cath

I actually can't think of much opportunity I have had to do this since 40 years ago.....

Yep, that's the "old bloke in the flat cap" at the tiller too - just it's 1972 not 2012!

Bexhill_003.jpg

Edited by alan_fincher

I think that you are very brave Alan, admitting to knowing either of us, must have cost you thousands of votes.

Any damage to my electoral chances I think comes not so much associating with the two of you I think, as admitting to enjoying time in the "Historic Boats Playground". :rolleyes:

Alan, I'm shocked, nay, completely appalled at your complete lack of attention to historical detail. You've let ALL historic boaters down.

Where's the bowler hat? :P

Looks like a good deal of fun.

He's got one. Do you want to see a photo of him wearing it?

Jan says he looks younger wearing the bowler hat rather than that cap!

Edited by David Schweizer

As an aside, after boating with Chertsey on a completely ice-free Shroppie, we had high hopes of coming back and taking "Chalice" out for a few days.

However down here, (Herts/Beds/Bucks borders), the canal is still iced over to the point a shaft will not easily smash it.

Damn, damn, damn! :(

Our enormous thanks to "Chertsey" and PB for a lovely weekend away from home, (and a probably much needed break from the election!).

A bit disappointed with the pictures, but certainly not the weekend, and the excellent hospitality.

Also for Sarah being brave, and not only letting us try and "post" Chertsey through the narrow "Shroppie" bridge holes, but even letting me have a go at winding a 71' 6" boat with very unfamiliar controls.

Splendid time, (and yes we were the very model of good manners when passing the many moored boats!).

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1264-1.jpg

DSCF5392.jpg

Oh dear - who is this old bloke in a cap!

DSCF5402.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

DSCF5408.jpg

Did you use a wide angle lens to get that smile in the frame Alan?

I'm worried about the lady in blue. In the first picture she looks glum, in the next frame we see her making her excuses and leaving, and in the third one she's taken refuge in front of the cabin and appears to be sobbing uncontrollably. Was it something you said?

I'm worried about the lady in blue. In the first picture she looks glum, in the next frame we see her making her excuses and leaving, and in the third one she's taken refuge in front of the cabin and appears to be sobbing uncontrollably. Was it something you said?

No that's the boat's owner, Sarah, who was probably quietly panicking throughout, but far to tactful to admit it!

... and in the third one she's taken refuge in front of the cabin and appears to be sobbing uncontrollably. Was it something you said?

Sarah was, I think, ducking down so that she would be out of frame when Alan took a picture of me. I don't think that she realised that Alan is far more interested in taking a picture of the boat than one of me! He can see me anytime :rolleyes:

Exactly right Catrin! I was tying to get out of the photos precisely because I always look glum even when I'm not.

I did wonder whether we'd help or hinder Alan's election chances by keeping him away from the forum for a whole weekend....

I did wonder whether we'd help or hinder Alan's election chances by keeping him away from the forum for a whole weekend....

Vote Alan Fincher !!!! in big white lettering would have looked the biz along them cloths.....

complete with a tannoy system he could have canvassed as he went along..

Exactly right Catrin! I was tying to get out of the photos precisely because I always look glum even when I'm not.

Chertsey looks super though. The Cabin now painted in GU colours has made quite a difference.