Beeston canal unlicensed boats

redfastlad

Featured Posts

As the issues have now been dealt with, i am going to reopen the thread.

- Please may in continue untill its nateral end now without such need to warn people of there actaions.

Daniel

D hutch thats realy big of you but you should read my other posts which are varied and sometimes very useful before judging me, and on balance i believe my views are subjective but i do get annoyed at some of the comments you allow on these topics where the same few people jump in and talk down the subject without any objections from you mods who should be moderating this forum.

Right when i pull the pin on this one you will get some work as a mod so here goes..... Right eyes down look in my company operate a 4,000hp shredder at the bottom of Redfield road which just happens to be about 100yards from the Beeston canal, now we work very closely with the police and VOSA, were we are asked to shred the tax dodgers, uninsured vehicles, illegal vehicals and the drug dealers cars, this is sometimes videod or we have even had the BBC in the yard, where i was interviewed by Jeremy Ball and we were filmed shredding the cars that gangs of kids had clubbed to bought and were driving around the estates of Nottingham. Well the shredder is a hungry beast and can easily consume a boat so how about i contact BW at Newark and we set up a sting where they tow the section 8 boats up to Redfield road and we lift them out then load them into the shredder? yes we will let the rats and animals out first and yes we will depollute the boats as well as fuel enginge oil and filter remove gas bottles then into the Texas shredder which will show a momentarily blip on the amp meter and its bye bye boat, the scrap will be sort and loaded onto rail wagons and delivered to the steelworks for remelting next day and it will then be turned into something useful like say an ambulance or steel plate than can be made into a new narrow boat.Right now ive got the idea in my mind i will suggest this to BW and then we will watch this space and hopefully the Nottingham problem can be redudced and recycled that would please no end of people who live in Castle marina and we boaters who have to use the Beeston cut.

D hutch thats realy big of you but you should read my other posts which are varied and sometimes very useful before judging me, and on balance i believe my views are subjective but i do get annoyed at some of the comments you allow on these topics where the same few people jump in and talk down the subject without any objections from you mods who should be moderating this forum.

Right when i pull the pin on this one you will get some work as a mod so here goes..... Right eyes down look in my company operate a 4,000hp shredder at the bottom of Redfield road which just happens to be about 100yards from the Beeston canal, now we work very closely with the police and VOSA, were we are asked to shred the tax dodgers, uninsured vehicles, illegal vehicals and the drug dealers cars, this is sometimes videod or we have even had the BBC in the yard, where i was interviewed by Jeremy Ball and we were filmed shredding the cars that gangs of kids had clubbed to bought and were driving around the estates of Nottingham. Well the shredder is a hungry beast and can easily consume a boat so how about i contact BW at Newark and we set up a sting where they tow the section 8 boats up to Redfield road and we lift them out then load them into the shredder? yes we will let the rats and animals out first and yes we will depollute the boats as well as fuel enginge oil and filter remove gas bottles then into the Texas shredder which will show a momentarily blip on the amp meter and its bye bye boat, the scrap will be sort and loaded onto rail wagons and delivered to the steelworks for remelting next day and it will then be turned into something useful like say an ambulance or steel plate than can be made into a new narrow boat.Right now ive got the idea in my mind i will suggest this to BW and then we will watch this space and hopefully the Nottingham problem can be redudced and recycled that would please no end of people who live in Castle marina and we boaters who have to use the Beeston cut.

:)

It must be quite a beast to eat a narrowboat!

Nick

Which posts are you thinking of?

Are you seriously suggesting that the moderators should jump on anybody who attempts to argue his position in a reasoned manner, but to a greater extent than you would like, but that you should somehow be allowed a bit of bigotry and threats of violence as a quid pro quo for your useful posts.

Beyond belief!

Which posts are you thinking of?

Are you seriously suggesting that the moderators should jump on anybody who attempts to argue his position in a reasoned manner, but to a greater extent than you would like, but that you should somehow be allowed a bit of bigotry and threats of violence as a quid pro quo for your useful posts.

Beyond belief!

beat me to it, i was just trying to form the correct words.

Having said all that red, i watched a program on an industrial shredder on discovery yesterday which was ripping cars and stuff into shreds, Would that be yours? The shreds were then carted off to china for rehabilitation

beat me to it, i was just trying to form the correct words.

Having said all that red, i watched a program on an industrial shredder on discovery yesterday which was ripping cars and stuff into shreds, Would that be yours? The shreds were then carted off to china for rehabilitation

That's the funny thing about this recycling malarkey. Use a big fuel burning machine to chew up that steel, stick it all on a container ship, boat it to China, melt it down and turn it into cheap tat then ship it back.

Very green.

Just as a matter of interest, didn't the last person issuing threats get a ban from the forum?

Mind you, if he's off up the trent looking for me, despite my location clearly indicated, I shan't worry too much.

That's the funny thing about this recycling malarkey. Use a big fuel burning machine to chew up that steel, stick it all on a container ship, boat it to China, melt it down and turn it into cheap tat then ship it back.

Very green.

Just as a matter of interest, didn't the last person issuing threats get a ban from the forum?

Mind you, if he's off up the trent looking for me, despite my location clearly indicated, I shan't worry too much.

Thats why its so crazey...why china?

or do they then sell the steel to boat builders in poland and china?

You mightve confused him with mentioning mousehole, he may even now be negotiating the wash heading south for northforeland with evil intent to pursue in cornwall

Dunno.

However, as a minimum I would expect that those issuing threats be required to;

1. undertake never to do so again
  2. apologise for having issued threats (and I mean apologise, not attempt to excuse their behavior.

I see Dave Mayall is on his favourite subject- unlicensed boats. Unfortunately for him BW have asked people to stop reporting unlicensed boats as it wastes their time.

Not all is as it seems. Boaters that pay monthly don't get a licence. Some BW employees don't need a license.

Be careful of accusing someone of being an evader - they may not be.

Sue

I see Dave Mayall is on his favourite subject- unlicensed boats. Unfortunately for him BW have asked people to stop reporting unlicensed boats as it wastes their time.

Not all is as it seems. Boaters that pay monthly don't get a licence. Some BW employees don't need a license.

Sue

Spot on, which is what weve been saying, let BW do their policing. Just coz you dont see a licens/ce dont meant there isnt one

Sue

sue

stop talking commonsense and trying to be realistic and reasonable

your last post could well have caused some of the supporters of this thread to regress

and as you know most of them will have been bullied at school and from time to time like to flex their imaginary muscles before retiring to some secluded place to erm 'feed the ducks'

Edited by cugsey

sue

stop talking commonsense and trying to be realistic and reasonable

your last post could well have caused some of the supporters of this thread to regress

and as you know most of them will have been bullied at school and from time to time like to flex their imaginary muscles before retiring to some secluded place to erm 'feed the ducks'

lol cugsey, having seen you viewing this thread i didnt think it would be long before you made your usual inane post....mind you those duck do look alittle thin....now wheres me 4 day old warburtons

ah yes , early in june i was at redhill marina one sataday morning when the bw police ? launch came in towing a small craft , which actually was sinking and did so at its arrival , on asking i was told that it had been impounded as it appeard neglected and the licnse fees had expirerd , i actually got a few photos , as for the law moving slow , if they get it wrong , then the cost of being sued by a no win no fee ,will just pass more expense and less action to bw

read all the rest off the posts and i agree with every one about everything, in the mean time if i decide to avoid paying the due , then i take the risk , im open game , if i pays i pays \, if i decide to report you or not thats up to me , i dont need to defend it , ima gonna do it .

regards to all and your valid points. to each their own , nice to meet you all , be wel

read all the rest off the posts and i agree with every one about everything, in the mean time if i decide to avoid paying the due , then i take the risk , im open game , if i pays i pays \, if i decide to report you or not thats up to me , i dont need to defend it , ima gonna do it .

regards to all and your valid points. to each their own , nice to meet you all , be wel

lol ... does that mean you is or aint?

that would please no end of people who live in Castle marina and we boaters who have to use the Beeston cut.

Ah the voice of the people :)

Fortunately there is (as others have pointed out) a certain level of legal process that has to be gone through first.

No doubt if BW need a powerful set of shreddies they will contact you :lol:

Very green.

Well why not stick it land fill then.

It isnt all shipped abroad, we have a steel industry right here on our doorstep.

I work in the metal recycling industry too.

There is a need for metal recycling, if there wasnt, the industry wouldnt exit.

Sue

When and where did BW say that?

Why do they still send out licence holders that invite you to tell them about unlicenced boats?

I've seen the statement about boaters who pay monthly, but as I don't pay monthly, I can't comment on the validity of it. I must ask BW.

And, AFAIK, permanent BW employees are entitled to a free licence, but are still issued with discs.

I've seen the statement about boaters who pay monthly, but as I don't pay monthly, I can't comment on the validity of it. I must ask BW.

Please do, I'd have thought they would still be issued with something to display

And, AFAIK, permanent BW employees are entitled to a free licence, but are still issued with discs.

Must be, even BW work boats display licences.

Well why not stick it land fill then.

It isnt all shipped abroad, we have a steel industry right here on our doorstep.

I work in the metal recycling industry too.

There is a need for metal recycling, if there wasnt, the industry wouldnt exit.

I wasn't suggesting that there's no need for recycling. Just shipping it off to China isn't exactly ethical considering the criticisms aimed at the Chinese manufacturers' attitudes to environmental, and human rights issues.

Oh and coming from South Yorkshire, just down the road from Sheffield, I remember when Britain had a steel industry.

Or are you one of the non workers Carlt ? Who I am supporting with my taxes?

I don't think my status is any business of yours, or anyones for that matter.

I'm just happy that I'm not a bigotted thug, who has to resort to threats because he hasn't the intellect to win an argument.

Edited by carlt