Interesting Error Message

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Vote mtb for moderator today,or at the very least acknowledge his application! 

I'm not prepared to be a mod and ignore the posting rules. 

If I get appointed a mod all the political threads will go including the brexit thread. Unless the 'no politics' rule goes before I'm appointed. 

1 minute ago, Jerra said:

Wrong.  Both the spelling and the statement.  It is relevant to many.

Oh look out, the spelling police have arrived, is that how you raise a counterpoint to argument now?

#fail

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

If I get appointed a mod all the political threads will go including the brexit thread. Unless the 'no politics' rule goes before I'm appointed. 

If you get appointed as a mod on here I will eat hay with a donkey........

(As I would if I did btw).

3 minutes ago, MJG said:

Oh look out, the spelling police have arrived, is that how you raise a counterpoint to argument now?

#fail

If you get appointed as a mod on here I will eat hay with a donkey........

(As I would if I did btw).

Don't forget that any discussion of modding decisions is banned. I'll be making generous use of that rule too when I get appointed.

And another of the 'almost daily' political outpourings from a regular rule abuser ( a thread in which a mod has yet again participated), and not a hint of anything boat related.

In this case he manages to encompass not only Political comment, but Religious as well

Posting any material, anywhere on the site, that is deemed to have a primarily political theme that is not strictly related to inland waterways and/or boating is prohibited. In addition, content containing a religious theme, or content that makes commentary on religious issues, is not permitted.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Presumably with this urge to have everything according to the rules all the photos which the poster doesn't own the copyright and all the posters icon for which the poster doesn't own the copyright will be taken down for breach of the rules.

Or is it just that some want a rule enforced because they don't like others "getting away with it" or don't like the content of the post/thread?

• Greenie 2

10 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm reminded of the parking warden who ticketed an ambulance whilst the crew were dealing with an injured cyclist. I think he had the same sort of approach.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, billS said:

I'm reminded of the parking warden who ticketed an ambulance whilst the crew were dealing with an injured cyclist. I think he had the same sort of approach.

Got a link to that please?

There was certainly a case on the radio recently where an ambulance parked on double yellows while the crew went shopping. In that case the ticketing was correct!

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Doesn't work for me, can you post a working link ?

Maybe the tech crew have seen the error of their ways and now removed it ?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@canalworld.net to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Doesn't work for me, can you post a working link ?

Maybe the tech crew have seen the error of their ways and now removed it ?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@canalworld.net to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yes, obviously a server problem, its not working for me either now. Unfortunate this should happen right now.

I suggest you contact RichM.

:giggles:

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

38 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes, obviously a server problem, its not working for me either now. Unfortunate this should happen right now.

I suggest you contact RichM.

:giggles:

Working fine for me (!)

2 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Could you post a screenshot please Alan - we only get error pages on Mike's link.

No point.

It's only part of the forum rules, and these. it seems, are not enforced anyway.

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Sorry, no screenshots allowed. Forum rules! 

This is getting a bit like Fight Club.

The first rule of Forum Rules is: You do not talk about Forum Rules. The second rule of Forum Rules is: You DO NOT TALK ABOUT FORUM RULES!

• Haha 1