Hooray it's raining!

rgreg

Featured Posts

Still raining fairly heavily in Oxford and surroundings. Could do with it, the pounds both above and below Kidlington Green lock were very low. I scraped my bottom. 

One boater (nb Truro) told me Richard Parry was in the area on a College Cruisers hireboat, apparently inspecting offside vegetation (of which there was much in the Wolvercote section). If true, I wonder if they got stuck in those pounds.

Its raining here I am very pleased to say. The weather has been bright but vile heat now for ages. The temperature has come down to 22 now which is bloody great. The air is clearing but I fear the stinking heat will soon be back. Still a couple of hours of rain is helping and first that's landed on us for months.

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

Its raining here I am very pleased to say. The weather has been bright but vile heat now for ages. The temperature has come down to 22 now which is bloody great. The air is clearing but I fear the stinking heat will soon be back. Still a couple of hours of rain is helping and first that's landed on us for months.

Jeez smelly, it wasn't long ago you were complaining too much rain on the Trent iirc. Bbq tomorrow? 

Just now, mrsmelly said:

I'll be in Abingdon from tomorrow for a few nights. According to the BBC it will be 28 and 29 there Sunday and Monday respectively. Scorchio!

• Horror 1

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Jeez smelly, it wasn't long ago you were complaining too much rain on the Trent iirc. Bbq tomorrow? 

Yeah probably barby tomoz. Had a oooge Keeeeeebab tonite ? my body is a temple and all that. Most temples of course are in ruins ? The temperature is way better now than it has been. I hate this hot wevver.  If I wanted hot wevver I would be European and voted remain in the referendum but I cant wait till we exit and then only ever get nice cool British weather back ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Yeah probably barby tomoz. Had a oooge Keeeeeebab tonite ? my body is a temple and all that. Most temples of course are in ruins ? The temperature is way better now than it has been. I hate this hot wevver.  If I wanted hot wevver I would be European and voted remain in the referendum but I cant wait till we exit and then only ever get nice cool British weather back ?

We went past Barby today. It wasn't raining.

1 minute ago, john6767 said:

I also came past Barby today and it was not raining.   However right now near Napton it is raining and has been on and off for the last couple of hours.  How different!

We must have passed each other then. Isn't this cool weather nice!

1 minute ago, john6767 said:

It would have been lunch time when I came past Barby.  The rain has certainly cooled things down.

We went down the hillmorton locks and then stopped for water around noon ish, and then went on through rugby after that.

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Pixie Lott if you please!!

I suggest Tea tree oil. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

We bought a dyson fan. Does that count?

It would have to at that price! Not only count, but do the bloody washing up too! 

7 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

It would have to at that price! Not only count, but do the bloody washing up too! 

Yep. I did have to take out a new mortgage but:

- it spins faster than my ecofan ( which was a surprise)

- takes less than 1A of current at a setting of 7 out of 10

- makes us both feel much more comfortable when the temps up at 300 degrees Kelvin.

........oh and it very quiet so doesn't keep the duck awake.

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

Yep. I did have to take out a new mortgage but:

- it spins faster than my ecofan ( which was a surprise)

- takes less than 1A of current at a setting of 7 out of 10

- makes us both feel much more comfortable when the temps up at 300 degrees Kelvin.

........oh and it very quiet so doesn't keep the duck awake.

Does it h̶o̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ dyson the boat too?