Britain powers on without coal for three days

matty40s

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

In that case it isn’t a Moggy Minor. It’s a kit car. 

It might have the jelly mould body and chassis but everything that makes it a Moggy has been replaced.  

Its still an A series engine and the back axel is the traveler one, brakes are from a midget and its a pickup not a jelly mold. People mod their cars, we have done it for years, if you dont like it dont buy it!

9 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Its still an A series engine and the back axel is the traveler one, brakes are from a midget and its a pickup not a jelly mold. People mod their cars, we have done it for years, if you dont like it dont buy it!

I might like it very much if it’s been well done. I might not. I’d have to see it to make that decision. 

But it’s not a Moggy. 

1 hour ago, canals are us? said:

We should be encouraged to keep old cars on the road and not buying new.

James:)

Indeed, I am surprised that no one (other than  Jaguar for the E Type) is developing a drop in electric motor/battery package to keep older cars on the road.

https://media.jaguar.com/news/2017/09/jaguar-e-type-zero-most-beautiful-electric-car-world

That would be a much greener solution than producing yet more cars.

Edited by cuthound
To remove duplicated post.

1 minute ago, cuthound said:

Indeed, I am surprised that no one (other than  Jaguar for the E Type) is developing a drop in electric motor/battery package to keep older cars on the road.

https://media.jaguar.com/news/2017/09/jaguar-e-type-zero-most-beautiful-electric-car-world

Plenty of people are converting cars to electric I am on two sites for it, some amazing stuff going on

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I might like it very much if it’s been well done. I might not. I’d have to see it to make that decision. 

But it’s not a Moggy. 

Put it another way an Astom Martin DB7 with its XJS floorpan and brakes, XJR engine, ford fiesta switches and mondeo door handles and locks is a proper kit car isnt it?

1 hour ago, peterboat said:

Plenty of people are converting cars to electric I am on two sites for it, some amazing stuff going on

Yes, but the drop in electric drive kit for the E Type is developed by Jaguar itself, not "something bloke in a lock up" and can be reversed easily back to the petrol engine if required.

36 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

And of course, battery manufacture and disposal is so eco-friendly, isn't it?

No, not at all, but reusing existing cars and retro-fitting batteries and electric motors is greener than making all new electric cars. 

• Greenie 2

3 hours ago, peterboat said:

Put it another way an Astom Martin DB7 with its XJS floorpan and brakes, XJR engine, ford fiesta switches and mondeo door handles and locks is a proper kit car isnt it?

Absolutely. It’s why I don’t like them. The XKRS is a far superior vehicle which is why we have one instead. 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cuthound said:

Yes, but the drop in electric drive kit for the E Type is developed by Jaguar itself, not "something bloke in a lock up" and can be reversed easily back to the petrol engine if required.

Some of these blokes in a lock up design electric cars for a living!! So they are well ahead of the game and because they arnt compromising they get more for less [they use their contacts for freebies]. But if you want to pay for the genuine item from Jag thats up to you but be aware its probably designed or made by one of those guys in a lock up...................