Numpties out in force

cuthound

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, WotEver said:

Numpty ;)

Watch out guys! Another numpty is about to take to the water. We get our new 'old' narrowboat on Saturday (Napton Jnct). I'm great at knowing when to put a 2nd reef in and how to gybe in a 30 knot wind (ie Don't) but steering a 62' nb in a straight line will be an experience. Good job it isnt a bank holiday. I'm sure the stuff I read on here will make the difference.

3 minutes ago, WotEver said:

It's much easier than trying to keep yoghurt pots straight at 3mph. 

Ok, so going in a straight line is good. How about a 180 deg. Assume there is a winding hole there? I am not even thinking about how to get back into the marina berth!

1 minute ago, Dr Bob said:

Ok, so going in a straight line is good. How about a 180 deg. Assume there is a winding hole there? I am not even thinking about how to get back into the marina berth!

Steer into the 'ole. Before you hit the bank change to reverse and swing the tiller. Repeat. 

As well as straight lines you need to be able to steer in various curves, as canals and rivers wiggle about a lot and have lots of interesting obstacles to avoid like half fallen trees.

Dr Bob, there can never be enough Muppet avatars on the forum, a Muppet is altogether superior to a numpty. However I'm sticking to my tea and biscuits picture. Having used it for three years I feel something terrible would surely happen if I changed it.

6 hours ago, Mike Hurley said:

Numpty is a person whos IQ does not exceed their shoe size.

Maybe it is 10 times their shoe size, and as I take a 10 that seems about right, though my wife takes a 7 and she does not agree, I shall make no comment...........