Large and small Rickeys

PaddingtonBear

Featured Posts

Are any small Rocky butties extant, in any form?

Ooh, that was Freudian, Rocky being the dog whose name we changed to Ricky.

I'll try again. Are any small Ricky butties extant, in any form?

PS thanks for answers already received.

Edited by Chertsey

Seriously though, off the top of my head, "Ariel" at Wolfhampcote and Sirius spring to mind.

There's also that cut down and motorised H&W prototype that keeps popping up on Ebay...Orion

Not a Ricky but it was wooden.

Edited by carlt

Mimas?

Is that an answer to "are any Small Rick buttys still about, or to "what is the boat in that picture"?

Either way it is a "no" as Mimas isn't a butty, and the picture isn't of Mimas.

AFAIK, though MImas' former Ovaltine pair 'Ray' is still extant on the Troy Arm, I think, although how much of it I have no idea. This I think was originally "Small Ricky" butty "Hebe", wasn't it? (Maybe someone has already mentioned this boat?)

It was an answer to OP as to how many Rickys are there out there. Mimas is extant as I saw it moored next to another wooden boat Roger. Roger was made at Bushells iirc.

Edited by mark99

Ooh, that was Freudian, Rocky being the dog whose name we changed to Ricky.

I'll try again. Are any small Ricky butties extant, in any form?

PS thanks for answers already received.

Hee hee, you're on form today.

A Freudian slip or comment relates to Sigmund Freud and his methods of psychoanalysis, especially with reference to the importance of sexuality in human behaviour.

He he, I think I understand: your boat and Umea made at same yard? FMC Uxbridge. wink.png

?

Unfortunately most wooden buttys didnt tend to survive. Most got chopped in half or turned into motors or left to rott.

Motors tent to survive more as they hold a bit more value being able to be moved.

Hee hee, you're on form today.

A Freudian slip or comment relates to Sigmund Freud and his methods of psychoanalysis, especially with reference to the importance of sexuality in human behaviour.

Goodness, you're very pedantic lately. I think the term is now used more widely (and may always have been) to refer to accidentally giving away one's unconscious thoughts on any subject by a verbal slip or incorrect choice of words.

Or it could of course have just been a typo.

Unfortunately most wooden buttys didnt tend to survive. Most got chopped in half or turned into motors or left to rott.

Motors tent to survive more as they hold a bit more value being able to be moved.

Yes, just what I was thinking. I wasn't aware of ever having seen one. Seen two or three motors over the years and I think a large butty or two, but no smalls that I know of.

I think there were twenty, if I've added them up right? Excluding the prototypes. Which isn't that many to start with.

Edited by Chertsey