Clear up the poops, peeps.

Peter-Bullfinch

Featured Posts

Doubt it. They'd have to be standing next to the main trunk. Anyway, I STILL can't find it!

So you're saying; "Our dog, for reasons best known to himself, always shoves his arse way into the bushes, looking round guiltily, as indeed I would."

Which would conclude that you know where your dog is crapping. So you also know the size of your dog. Which means it's pile of canine cack, isn't to far away from it's head (which was looking around guilty) when you observed it.

Sounds like another irresponsible dog owner to me !

• Greenie 3

So you're saying; "Our dog, for reasons best known to himself, always shoves his arse way into the bushes, looking round guiltily, as indeed I would."

Which would conclude that you know where your dog is crapping. So you also know the size of your dog. Which means it's pile of canine cack, isn't to far away from it's head (which was looking around guilty) when you observed it.

Yeah! And i bet you cruise with yer fenders down and a rope coiled around yer cabin shaft.biggrin.png

so you believe that dog owners should push their way into brambles and impenetrable undergrowth to retrieve the dog's doings?

pray tell me what harm the poo is doing if left undisturbed?

Really??

What about the Blackberry & Sloe pickers ?

And as a former gardener/landscaper/grounds maintainer - what about the people who have to cut back the bushes and strim under them. Dog poo and strimmers is a very bad combination. PICK IT UP!

• Greenie 2

Poo bag trees are awful, but not quite as bad as those who still don't pick up at at, leaving it to end up on someone's shoe (or splattered over someone's face - see strimmer comment above)

Certain areas seem to be dog poo hotspots: the Caldon coming out of Stoke and into Leek is bad. The Staffs and Worcs around Wombourne is bad too.

On monday morning i set off early from just south of Kinver and as I passed the Kinver VMs there was a boat moored with the owner pottering about on the back while his 3 dogs were running free on the towpath. I watched as one of his dogs did a big dump in the long grass while the owner was completely unaware. I'm sure this happens all the time. As a dog owner, how on earth can you spot every time your dog takes a dump? You can't surely? And why do dogs seem to produce so much of it???

so you believe that dog owners should push their way into brambles and impenetrable undergrowth to retrieve the dog's doings?

pray tell me what harm the poo is doing if left undisturbed?

I personally know someone who has lost her sight in one eye due to Toxocariasis. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxocariasis

How did she get this infection???...............She was retrieving her little girl's ball from a bramble bush !!

Yeah! And i bet you cruise with yer fenders down and a rope coiled around yer cabin shaft.biggrin.png

And what has that comment got to do with the price of bread?

Edited by Mutts
  • Greenie 1

pquinn, on 30 Aug 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:snapback.png

And what has that comment got to do with the price of bread?

Levity old chap. Thus the smiley. Anyway, sorry for getting off topic and normal service can be resumed.

levity
ˈlɛvɪti/
noun
noun: levity; plural noun: levities
the treatment of a serious matter with humour or lack of due respect.

At my lasses place in Roade there's someone who water based(?) spray paints any turds left unaccounted for with fluorescent pink. Other than the impact of using the paint I quite like this solution.

that's a great solution.

everyone can see the poo before they step in it so the dog owner can rest assured that his doggy's do's won't be a problem for anyone. clapping.gifclapping.gif

Mine doesn't poo everywhere. He poos in the bushes, often out of sight. Well outside the grass-cutting and berry-picking zone. Nature will sort it before anyone gets a grass cutter near it.

How do you know this?

I reiterate

An Irresponsible dog owner !!!

Edited by Mutts
  • Greenie 3

some dog owners can only bag poop if they see it happening or are alerted by someone about it.

as I stated above, we don't all have a good field of vision, but we do try to do our best.

I won't go into the environmental aspects of always preserving poo in bags, instead of 'sticking and flicking' (as recommended by several conservation organisations, and only where appropriate, obviously).

But most responsible dog owners, know where their dog's are!

Also, most dog owners know when their dog has had a dump, and where they did the deed.

Mine doesn't poo everywhere. He poos in the bushes, often out of sight. Well outside the grass-cutting and berry-picking zone. Nature will sort it before anyone gets a grass cutter near it.

What makes you think you have the psychic power to predict where people will go? Landscapers do a lot more than just cut grass. And yes, I've trodden in dog sh*t many times whilst pushing through bushes. PICK. IT. UP!!!!

• Greenie 1