1/8 (3mm) packing..?

Featured Posts

Steel packing you mean, presumably?

Given 1/8" or 3mm (different sizes to an engineer) therefore accuracy isn't necessary, I'd suggest a mooch around Wickes or B&Q. They both have racks of metal bar for sale in sizes like 3mm x 20mm. Both steel and aluminium.

Please clarify, are you using this for diesel? If so you will need the PTFE type gland packing - I will look for some in my stock. This type is common on isolating valve stems, graphite filled types, ie stern gland packing is not suitable for diesel.

Please clarify, are you using this for diesel? If so you will need the PTFE type gland packing - I will look for some in my stock. This type is common on isolating valve stems, graphite filled types, ie stern gland packing is not suitable for diesel.

What did wing pumps use in the days before PTFE existed?

Richard

What did wing pumps use in the days before PTFE existed?

Richard

Some of the old semi rotary pumps had what appeared to be graphite coated Cork unless the graphite was crud & it was just plain cork