Milton Keynes Graffiti

billS

Featured Posts

I took the boat through Milton Keynes/Fenny Stratford a couple of times earlier this month.

Through the MK stretch, and particularly south of Fenny locks, there is a great deal of graffiti - all saying CuRnT. What does it mean? The letters are distinct, so it doesn't look like a tag. The fact that the letters C,R and T are capitalised seem to suggest it has some reference to CRT.

Edited by billS

More likely some dischuffed boater who has come onto CRT's radar and/or is under enforcement.

My thoughts too, and thinks he's being clever and witty.

I also doubt it is a female vandal somehow.

According to Urban Dictionary, it is simply a synonym for the obvious.

In view of some of the stuff also painted alongside it, I have no doubt at all that it done by a boater or boaters that is/are pissed off by CRT.

Hardly a helpful message, and what possible support they hope to gain from it, I really can't imagine.

Idiot(s) whoever did it, and yes, there's lots of them so it's going to be a lot of CRT funds wasted if people are employed to attempt to remove it.

• Greenie 1

In view of some of the stuff also painted alongside it, I have no doubt at all that it done by a boater or boaters that is/are pissed off by CRT.

Hardly a helpful message, and what possible support they hope to gain from it, I really can't imagine.

Idiot(s) whoever did it, and yes, there's lots of them so it's going to be a lot of CRT funds wasted if people are employed to attempt to remove it.

All a bit pathetic really.So many strangers and dumped boats,these are clearly boaters fleeing from Marinas

and the associated Mooring Fees.

Edited by HaulierP

All a bit pathetic really,so many strangers and dumped boats,these are clearly boaters fleeing from Marinas

Sorry, I don't understand what information you have to base the above judgement on?

Why couldn't it have just as easily have been a cc'er fed up with poor facilities or maintenance of the bottom of the canal, or a weekend boater who is fed up with trying to find a mooring in their honey spots, or a CM'er fed up with having to move to a new place every 14 days?

Yes, I agree that it does "feel" like it's a boater(s), someone who has a gripe against CRT, but to say it's "clearly a boater from a Marina" I find a bit bizarre

Sorry, I don't understand what information you have to base the above judgement on?

Why couldn't it have just as easily have been a cc'er fed up with poor facilities or maintenance of the bottom of the canal, or a weekend boater who is fed up with trying to find a mooring in their honey spots, or a CM'er fed up with having to move to a new place every 14 days?

Yes, I agree that it does "feel" like it's a boater(s), someone who has a gripe against CRT, but to say it's "clearly a boater from a Marina" I find a bit bizarre

I didn't actually say that Betty,but never mind.

All a bit pathetic really,so many strangers and dumped boats,these are clearly boaters fleeing from Marinas

And you actually know who it is that is doing this vandalism?

A frustrated volunteer ?

This is the bit I was referring to ^^ - did I misunderstand "these are clearly boaters..."?

I didn't actually say that Betty,but never mind.

That bit refers to the dumped boats Betty,I am sat alone with three of them as I write.

Ahhh see; I did misunderstand what you had put originally. I thought it was in reference to the graffiti.

Mind you, there's still no way of knowing if the 3 dumped boats you are referring to came from unhappy marina dwellers or folks that for whatever reason are either no longer interested in or unable (for whatever reason) to maintain their boats.

Ahhh see; I did misunderstand what you had put originally. I thought it was in reference to the graffiti.

Mind you, there's still no way of knowing if the 3 dumped boats you are referring to came from unhappy marina dwellers or folks that for whatever reason are either no longer interested in or unable (for whatever reason) to maintain their boats.

In days gone by , we used to regularity leave our boat during the week while we moved around the country at the weekends. Not avoiding marinas just a choice of boat use. I'm guessing in the boating hierarchy there is a difference between someone who dumps a boat for 14 days legitimately and lives on it and someone who dumps a boat legitimately for 14 days and doesn't.

Sorry Betty as I am local I do know,they are all ex MK Marina and I have spoken with each of the owners over the 11 days I have been here.

A mixture of excessive charges by MK Marina who in the main are populated by people on Housing Benefit apparently,or is it the Squeezed

Middle Classes just looking to save money ?

In days gone by , we used to regularity leave our boat during the week while we moved around the country at the weekends. Not avoiding marinas just a choice of boat use. I'm guessing in the boating hierarchy there is a difference between someone who dumps a boat for 14 days legitimately and lives on it and someone who dumps a boat legitimately for 14 days and doesn't.

Its not an attempt at Social Bracketing,its merely people who can no longer afford the mooring fees in the Local Marina.

They aren't moving boats around the country at weekends,indeed some see the live aboard boater as an unpaid watchman,

which wouldn't be so bad if you were rewarded by a bottle for your troubles but that is never the case.I only point it out not to

make capital but merely to endorse that "in days gone by" things were different.I don't question the legitimacy of their actions,