Help Middlewich canal side bungalow for sale

Corixa

Featured Posts

Last week we saw a bungalow for private sale on the Shropshire Union at Middlewich between bridges 31 and 27. It had a phone number on a small board on the mooring which I wrote down and have mislaid. If anybody is passing and gets a chance to note the number down could you message it to me please?

Thanks in advance?

If nobody else can help sooner, I'll get it for you Tuesday.

Perhaps a look at a Middlewich area estate agent's web site, or a phone call to one of them, might point you in the right direction.

I'm pretty sure it's a private sale. If it's the one I'm thinking of it is just a plain board, not an estate agents one.

Last week we saw a bungalow for private sale on the Shropshire Union at Middlewich between bridges 31 and 27. It had a phone number on a small board on the mooring which I wrote down and have mislaid. If anybody is passing and gets a chance to note the number down could you message it to me please?

Thanks in advance?

Missed it last week, but remembered this time.

20160704_160822_zpspuwvsu48.jpg

• Greenie 4

If it's a private sale, only people who see the board and a few others will know it's for sale so, if you are interested, you could be the only one, or one of only a few. In which case you may be able to do a good deal.

Or, if they aren't using an agent they are probably in no rush to sell and just waiting for a ridiculously high offer from someone wanting a canal frontage / an EOG mooring.

Or, if they aren't using an agent they are probably in no rush to sell and just waiting for a ridiculously high offer from someone wanting a canal frontage / an EOG mooring.

Assuming it transfers of course.

Isn't it worth checking with CRT first that it will transfer or even that an EOG mooring agreement exists before progressing any interest in a canal side property?

Edited by MJG

Isn't it worth checking with CRT first that it will transfer or even that an EOG mooring agreement exists before progressing any interest in a canal side property?

In general yes, but the OP hasn't said anything about wanting an EOG mooring.

In general yes, but the OP hasn't said anything about wanting an EOG mooring.

I know, I was just covering the eventuality that they might be, and not appreciating the things they might need to check if they are.

This can be a painful process...

When we saw our present canalside house, there was no mooring, but 20 conifers separating the garden from the cut.

I agreed with the owner that we would buy it, providing I got permission to develop an EoG mooring.

I asked CRT if they would grant a mooring if I bought it.

They said the owner of the property would have to formally apply (then costing £90). He didn't want to apply.

The property is adjacent to to a bridge, and their website says something like "permission for EoG moorings is not generally withheld unless the property is close to acstructure, such as a lock or a bridge".

Not wanting anyone to lose £90, I asked what their policy was on how close to a bridge a mooring can be. Apparently they have no policy, each case dependingredients upon an inspection by the local operations manager...

Much discussion with CRT later, they finally agreed to me applying for the EoG mooring, but with a supporting letter from the property owner stating that he gave his permission for me to apply.

Nearly 4 months later I finally got CRT's permission and only then could I agree to buy the house.

Best to get their permission first thought, otherwisee you might end up living in a canalside property, but without permission to moor your boat.

EoG moorings are charged at 50% of the rate of the cheapest CRT moorings in that area.

Thanks all - good feedback on the EOG mooring situation from you, it is something that I would like. I hadn't realised that I would have to check with CRT about the transfer of the mooring rights.

Anyway after contacting the vendor the asking price is deemed to be prohibitive on this occasion. But we did see a house for sale in Milton on the Caldon that is with an agent and the asking price is in range. This potentially has a mooring but is close to a bridge!

Quite possible...

Thanks all - good feedback on the EOG mooring situation from you, it is something that I would like. I hadn't realised that I would have to check with CRT about the transfer of the mooring rights.

Anyway after contacting the vendor the asking price is deemed to be prohibitive on this occasion. But we did see a house for sale in Milton on the Caldon that is with an agent and the asking price is in range. This potentially has a mooring but is close to a bridge!

Given that it is no longer of concern to you, and merely as a matter of interest, what is the asking price?