River Stort - Stunning

Featured Posts

I have just cruised up the first half of the river Stort from the Lee Navigation to Harlow. What an absolutely enchanting waterway. There are bends every couple of hundred yards and beautiful views around every corner. Looking forward to seeing the top half tomorrow.

post-14518-0-19725700-1461166608_thumb.jpg

There are bends every couple of hundred yards and beautiful views around every corner. Looking forward to seeing the top half tomorrow.

Every corner? The bit by Harlow Town station isn't what I'd call beautiful!

But most of it is lovely -- and you've got some more good bits to come tomorrow.

Are the water meadows covered in spring flowers yet Mr Bizz?

Celandines and Ragwort, a few dafs. Mind the tiny duck chicks swimming about Martin, plenty of them. There are Otters about too, but we only seem to see or hear them at night and when its very cold.

When you are in Stortford have a walk up the road to Coopers (next to Budgens) an extraordinary shop with a range from the cheap and nasty to the highest quality......I normally go in for one cheap item......and spend a fortune !!!!

I was there for the last year and you must visit Ware when you come back to the Lee ( Lea ) very interesting town with a great atmosphere. Also the gazebos are very pretty, so dont miss them. I left there in March to visit the rest of the country so any tips while I'm on the Oxford wont be wasted.

Agree with Terryb - we did the Lea (Lee) & Stort (up to Sawbridgeworth) last year and it was lovely, a couple of the bridges on the Stort just about gave me heart failure, but such a very pretty canal. Ware and Hertford both well worth a visit while you are in the area as well.

Happy cruisin :)boat.gif