She's Ours!

lampini

Featured Posts

and I get a transfer with work too

That's good news. How did you manage that? If you drive a 'bus in London I assume it's for London Transport, who as far as I know don't run routes in Warwickshire. Do they have links with provincial operators?

That's good news. How did you manage that? If you drive a 'bus in London I assume it's for London Transport, who as far as I know don't run routes in Warwickshire. Do they have links with provincial operators?

Stagecoach Nuneaton - TFL "hire" out all London routes to the bus companies - supposedly makes "competition" happen. In reality there's lots of horse-trading.....

But you didn't hear that from me! ?

Two of the happiest days of your life: the day you buy your boat and the day you sell it!

Definitely!!!

To the OP though. Tidy looking boat, enjoy !

Congratulations lampini, your "Mary Anne" is looking gorgeous, you've been very lucky to find such a great bote with an engine that's hardly even run in, and a direct buy straight of the seller, what more could you possibly have wished for ?

Have fun,

Peter.

Good for you - it just gets more insane!

I was well served by 'buses back in the '80s: from memory the 1, 13, 74 and 159 stopped almost outside my flat. Now I have to be content with one 'bus an hour!

I was well served by 'buses back in the '80s: from memory the 1, 13, 74 and 159 stopped almost outside my flat. Now I have to be content with one 'bus an hour!

It's even more high tec now - everyone in London has an "app" tied into "i-bus", tfl's bus-tracking system. (no chance of me going off-piste for a quick cappuchino then!) They can see exactly when the next bus is coming.. I kno this cos my MDT (mobile data terminal) stopped working one day and i had an empty bus! blush.png

Well the transfer went through - took blimmin' ages thanks to the bank hol..

We are pretty much beside ourselves with happiness! cloud9.gif

Hope i can attatch these pics ok....

attachicon.gifBoat - Sharpness 011.JPG

attachicon.gifBoating Sept 2014 068.JPG

Oh, dear!

You wait. For the next six months you will wake up and night in your brick house sit up in bed and say to yourself "Mary Anne must be sinking!!!" You will get up at three in the morning and drive to the marina to check that she is all right. She will, of course, be fine so you will then dirve back happy and go back to bed with a seraphic smile.

What fun! You will love it.

Nick

Oh, dear!

You wait. For the next six months you will wake up and night in your brick house sit up in bed and say to yourself "Mary Anne must be sinking!!!" You will get up at three in the morning and drive to the marina to check that she is all right. She will, of course, be fine so you will then dirve back happy and go back to bed with a seraphic smile.

Nick

Ah! scub that lot. You will be living aboard. Didn't read that bit. You'll still love it, though.

Oh, dear!

Nick

Ah! scub that lot. You will be living aboard. Didn't read that bit. You'll still love it, though.

Lmao Nick - if she's sinking we'll know about it pdq!!! It's raining on the roof now (where else? D'oh!) ??

Oh, dear!

Nick

This is true. I'd be driving to Stratford now just to check Dreams is still safely where I left her, if it weren't for the small person lying next to me now (who insisted this evening, "But I don't want to go to Granny's, I want to go to OUR HOME, mummy"... it's not quite a commutable distance for a 5yo but it's so tempting to dismiss that consideration and do it anyway!

Sorry, smiley_offtopic.gif . As you were :)

This is true. I'd be driving to Stratford now just to check Dreams is still safely where I left her, if it weren't for the small person lying next to me now (who insisted this evening, "But I don't want to go to Granny's, I want to go to OUR HOME, mummy"... it's not quite a commutable distance for a 5yo but it's so tempting to dismiss that consideration and do it anyway!

Sorry, smiley_offtopic.gif . As you were smile.png

Not at all off topic as it 'appens! We r back in london to sort out the Very Expensive Rental House proper like - in the hopes that i can get me deposit back... Dumping a load of stuff off at Mr Lampini's ex's house - then coming back here to hope we can fit all the rest of it in the car for one last run after the house handover on Wednesday - do NOT wanna have to do that drive back into London again - 3 3/4 hours from Deptford to Heyford...help.gif Mr Lampini just keeps saying "wanna be at home on the boat!" .... not a lot of difference there - only 50 years apart in age!

Just think how you're gonna feel when you drive away from (what used to be) home for the last time, and towards freedom and a new life... I bloody can't wait!

Best o british to you! biggrin.png

• Greenie 1