Deal of the day!

Markinaboat

Featured Posts

This boat is actually moored right in the centre of Oxford in the stub end of the canal beyond Isis Lock alongside Worcester College grounds. It is not on an Agenda 21 mooring (which are further out of the city) but a fully serviced residential mooring complete with services - they even have post boxes! These moorings do appear to be transferable and the price is fairly typical. A 2 up 2 down house in the area costs over £500K!

Not a bad deal.

Paul

Well I suppose when you compare it to boats that come up for sale in say, Canary Wharf/Docklands, it's not too drastic. Perhaps if the boat itself was more than it is, then it would become more palatable. Edited by Markinaboat

This boat is actually moored right in the centre of Oxford in the stub end of the canal beyond Isis Lock alongside Worcester College grounds. It is not on an Agenda 21 mooring (which are further out of the city) but a fully serviced residential mooring complete with services - they even have post boxes! These moorings do appear to be transferable and the price is fairly typical. A 2 up 2 down house in the area costs over £500K!

Not a bad deal.

Paul

Ah thanks, that all makes a lot more sense now.

Do you know if the new owner has the right to have the mooring transferred and if there is any security of tenure?

Or is it like any 'ordinary' mooring where the freeholder is saying they will consider transferring the mooring to a new owner but has no obligation to make the transfer?

Who is the landlord, do you know? CRT, Oxford City Council, someone else?

Do you know if the new owner has the right to have the mooring transferred and if there is any security of tenure?

Or is it like any 'ordinary' mooring where the freeholder is saying they will consider transferring the mooring to a new owner but has no obligation to make the transfer?

The apollo duck ad (419758) says it's an agenda 21 mooring

Edit. Forget that it is a different boat I was mistaken.

Edited by Delta9

As far as I know (which in this case is not very far) these are unique to Oxford. But who owns them? The council?

CRT own the Agenda 21 moorings. But this boat appears not to be on one, its in the final arm up to the terminus.

Those residential moorings in the arm 'look and feel' very different from the Agenda 21 moorings further north, which is why I think they are not Agenda 21.

Oxford City Council. These are the moorings you have to pay council tax on (they're official residential moorings) and, while they are fully serviced, that end of the canal is a popular hangout for drunk language students pretty much all year round. And yes, the owners can sell the boats with those moorings.

Nobody has been on that boat since last summer and it looks woefully damp inside that glass conservatory now (which is taped on). It's been for sale since last year sometime and I think the price has now dropped substantially. I also think this one lacks a (working) engine, but I suppose you probably wouldn't want to go far in it with the taped-on greenhouse front.