What can be done about continuous moorer?

Ajna

Featured Posts

At the end of our moorings where we are all paying our way there is some council land on the off side near us where a local boater who don't have a mooring keeps staying and making a right mess and looks like he's preparing for winter.

I approached him tonight as he was running a generator disturbing us all and got all kinds of threats and abuse thrown at me!

On the flip side CRT come past our moorings and take note of all the boats while this guy just keeps taking the mick!

What can be done?

He don't Dean he just bridge hops and gets sloshed every day!

Great. If he bridge hops, then at least half the time he's away from your boat...I'd suggest you fit some rubber edging around your doors, so his gennie sound is lessoned, and turn your tv up, and try and ignore him during the times he is there. If it gets too much to handle, ask CRT if they're able to assist at all.

haha you think a bit of rubber around the door is going to help!

If you are not into confrontation then you can do little about the noise.

However you can solve the "taking the mick" the "bridge hopping" and the "getting sloshed" problems by relaxing and ignoring them. I find it's best to enjoy your own life and not worry about how others live theirs.

Frank.

• Greenie 2

I read the topic as "what can be done about continuous moaner?" and thought get a life, now I've been to Specsavers my opinion hasn't changed.

CaRT may be aware, there may be medical issues, alcoholism may be one, maybe not, without the whole story who can say?

K

At the end of our moorings where we are all paying our way there is some council land on the off side near us where a local boater who don't have a mooring keeps staying and making a right mess and looks like he's preparing for winter.

I approached him tonight as he was running a generator disturbing us all and got all kinds of threats and abuse thrown at me!

On the flip side CRT come past our moorings and take note of all the boats while this guy just keeps taking the mick!

What can be done?

How does it actually affect you? And another thing, the 8am-8pm rule for running engines/generators while moored, is in the terms and conditions and is not backed by either parlaimentary law or any byelaw.

How does it actually affect you? And another thing, the 8am-8pm rule for running engines/generators while moored, is in the terms and conditions and is not backed by either parlaimentary law or any byelaw.

Which doesn't absolve somebody from ignoring it, it just makes them inconsiderate and selfish. (Unless of course they need to power their dialysis machine)

The 'two week rule' would not apply if he was moored on the offside against land that doesn't belong to CRT.

It does actually unless you have a mooring permit and pay for the land under your boat regardless of who owns the offside land.

If you are not into confrontation then you can do little about the noise.

However you can solve the "taking the mick" the "bridge hopping" and the "getting sloshed" problems by relaxing and ignoring them. I find it's best to enjoy your own life and not worry about how others live theirs.

Frank.

I don't think the OP is bothered by how this person lives their life except for the fact that he impinges on the lives of the others around him. In my book that makes him downright selfish and antisocial.

Phil

• Greenie 1

He can do what the heck he wants with his life, drink, drugs life in a mess as long as he doesnt upset other folk, which he is doing with the noise only ?,

If it is getting to bad you could record times of annoyance and this could help towards solving the problem maybe, what about the council. can they do anything about anti social boaters? If not all you can do is complain to CRT i guess.

it is annoying when boating is about enjoying the water ways and peace and quite, would bloody annoy me aswell.

In the OP you mention that he is on council land, presumably he doesn't have council permission to be there. What about a complaint to the council on the grounds of his illegal occupation of council land combined with the anti-social behaviour.

• Greenie 1

Sounds like a nightmare. To the others who think "let and let live", I'd love to see how it would affect you if someone plotted up next to you dumped rubbish, made nuisance noise and got abusive. It can slowly eat way at you and I don't buy this "let it be" unless you are saints.

Antisocial neighbours can be really stressful.

All you can do it log it and get in touch with CaRT - they will respond - whether it's effective, that's another matter.

Edited by mark99
  • Greenie 2

Sounds like a nightmare. To the others who think "let and let live", I'd love to see how it would affect you if someone plotted up next to you and did the same.

I agree. Live and let live can only apply if your impact on your surroundings is minimal. Be a pain in the arse and all bets are off.

I agree. Live and let live can only apply if your impact on your surroundings is minimal. Be a pain in the arse and all bets are off.

We used to have a chap who lived on the company land (this is going back sometime) - he lived in......... a metal tee piece - (the tee was a 48" diameter steel equal tee!).

He was left alone because he presented no problems. Simples.

If he had of played up he would have been ejected.

I agree if people respect the environment in which they inhabit and live quietly then turning a blind eye creates no issues...but when they create mess and noise then anti social act.Seems simple enough to me.

Document everything fact based and present to CRT and Council.

More facts are needed really..

You mentioned a few things, but left out a lot.

1. What time was he running the gennie. Was it late at night?

2. If he's not illegally mooring on one of your private moorings, and he's able to moor somewhere "without paying what you pay", then good for him, but my experience of CRT data loggers is that they would have logged him if he is mooring beyond 14days in one place....so perhaps they've already issued him with a warning. If not, then there is possibly a good reason..(medical, etc).

3. You say he's a bridge hopper...but that would indicate someone who moves around a small local area...but you also say he looks like he's preparing for winter...again, this would be very unlikely unless CRT has given him permission...especially as you say they do come down your way and check boats....

somethings not quite right ......one side of the story perhaps...

when you approached him....what did he say exactly......it wasn't perhaps..."leave me alone, I'm allowed to run a gennie at midday, and CRT have given me permission to stay here..." ..was it :)