So what's the agenda this year.

Supermalc

Featured Posts

I very much doubt I will do even half as much boating this year as last.

The Boston trips can start in 2 weeks, so unless something happens to prevent me, I'm going on the first week (it is allowed to go and moor in April, when they raise the water level).

I would like to go up the Kyme/Slea and it might??????? be possible to make Cobblers lock in Wud, now the obstruction has been removed.

Also in April, before the weed grows I would like to try the delphs. Using the small outboard, this should easily be possible.

With Allan last year I went on the Drains the back way to Boston, and would like to see how far I can take Wud, given I've not been and there are low bridges.

And as I've previously said I would like to get to Thurmaston in June, and continue south if help is available.

I'd also like to catch a fish in the Wash. Having a mooring on the Haven, I also might take a trip around the corner, instead of coming back to Boston.

malc,

have you set yourself a challenge as to how many random new threads you can start in one day? :banghead:

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...41&hl=trips

I am planning on a trip to Oxford if all goes well, but not until I have done the Basingstoke and if time the Wey.

Edited by Bones

malc,

have you set yourself a challenge as to how many random new threads you can start in one day? :lol:

I am planning on a trip to Oxford if all goes well, but not until I have done the Basingstoke and if time the Wey.

Lucy on the back of a lorry to some hard standing, if I can find some.

OK, let's tempt fate ... as the engine is supposed to be arriving on Friday ...

I've been working on the plans today:

from Stretton Wharf (SU) to Baddesley Basin for the RN Rally (June 8-10, who else here is going to be there?)

abandoning plans to take Warrior to Braunston, back to Stretton for painting and signwriting ...

then off to St Ives for the IWA festival, then on to Ramsey so John Shotbolt can see his old boat in all its new glory, and maybe stay there for the winter

next year - London!

Well, I can dream, can't I

malc,

have you set yourself a challenge as to how many random new threads you can start in one day? :lol:

That was weeks ago.....surely you don't expect me to remember that far back :lol: I've had a sleep since then.

When no one else posts I try to think of something that might be interesting. And now the boating season is almost upon us, it would be good to know if anyone is going to accompany me, either in their boat, or in person.

No doubt everyone'll be as miserable and unmotivated as usual, so I'll end up going alone.....still must be better than not going at all..........

That was weeks ago.....surely you don't expect me to remember that far back :lol: I've had a sleep since then.

When no one else posts I try to think of something that might be interesting. And now the boating season is almost upon us, it would be good to know if anyone is going to accompany me, either in their boat, or in person.

No doubt everyone'll be as miserable and unmotivated as usual, so I'll end up going alone.....still must be better than not going at all..........

nope, I am going to be as miserable and unmotivated as usual and go out alone too :lol: - it is wonderful! I shall be moored up little, and cruising big. needless to say something will happen so I end up moored for ages again.

We are hoping to do the Basingstoke the week before and during the Easter break, that is if it is open and then i have managed to wangle a few extra weeks off in October so we intend to try the Oxford and spend some time around the Birmingham area before returning south on the Grand Union. Hopefully it will be a good trip, will be taking advice on the best pubs so that we can plan our cruising times and overnight stops at the best watering holes, although i anticipate that we will not be testing the water, that is unless we fall in. :lol:

who you calling miserable and unmotivated Malc? surely not me!

My plans for the year........ to try and stow away on as many other people boats as I can (so long as it can be done outside of w**king hours)

Also To try and meet up with as many of my friends from the forum as they travel past my way as I can!

I already had a plan for a local Easter cruise but it has already been cancelled (the people who had invited me have let a homeless chap stay on their boat so they can no longer go!)

I am just trying to work out whether it might pay to make myself homeless because then I might get to live aboard after all!

who you calling miserable and unmotivated Malc? surely not me!

As if I would :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well you don't need to be homeless to come on my boat.....AND I can fit in the trips with your holidays. Also don't worry about having to slum it....well not too much, as I have a spare room in my house, and we won't be so far away as to have to sleep on the boat....unless you wanted to of course.

Nothing but an offer.

I've actually just been reading this http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/malcsworld/jessie/jess1.html

Now I KNOW I wrote it, and it is VERY difficult not to sound arrogent, or self congratulatory, but it is a good read. Just a pity I can't write as good all the time.

So if you have a few minutes.....see what you think.

You might need a tissue......I still do, and I've not read it for quite a long time.

Our trips over the winter have been quite boring, usually consisting of trip to water point then down to the next set of locks, to fill the boat up with wine!

We are going up to Hertford and back over Easter, which will take us all of four days. Summer we plan to go to Lechlade on the Thames or North up the Grand Union, hopefully for the whole of July and August, inviting different friends to stay with us for a week at a time. I can't wait. We have been working like crazy to save the money to afford to take this time off.

Whatever we do it has to be better than last summer - we managed two trips to the Uxbridge Boat Centre and one to Stansted Abbots!