Help finding a boat

adamboatman

Featured Posts

Hello. Those boats very small and untidy.

It does depend on how much money you have obviously but I would suggest apolloduck.co.uk or eBay.

Sorry I see that brokerages were mentioned so my suggestions may be irrelevant.

Hello. I have plenty money. My last boat was a princess and sold for a good deal.

Rugby boats, ABNB, they'd be my first recommendations

You could also try Braunston marina and Crick marina sales.

Thank you

Adam

Hello. Those boats very small and untidy.

Hello. I have plenty money. My last boat was a princess and sold for a good deal.

Thank you

Adam

Ah well if you want bigger boats than the 60ft widebeam, there is only one place to go.

Alan G Pease - Because the H was taken by that other bearded bloke.

http://www.alanpease.co.uk/boatsforsale.htm

Can also recommend ABC Boat Sales, part of the ABC group. They seem to have a good range of boats to suit all budgets and also as their marinas are located around the country which offers you plenty of locations to go and view. Have Hired with ABC in the past and also we bought our share in Honeystreet with them.

http://www.abcboatsales.com/

Hi Adam welcome to the Forum, ignore the Whilton Marina post most of their boats are minger's. fact !unsure.png

A good place to look online is,

Mercia Marina New and Used

Rugby Boats

ABNB

Appolloduck

i have found these to be more worthy of serious attention before visiting them in person.

Best of luck with your Boaty Search. smile.png and welcome to the UK.

Edited by grumpy146

EBay, Appolo Duck and Gumtree all seem to host more than their fair share of scams in the boat/vehicles for sale but these will mainly fool those with less money to spend.

I will add Virginia Currer so spend some time Googing for brokers and looking in their on websites to see if their stock is likely to suit you.

You will not be able to buy a mooring in London for that amount. You can buy a nice boat with a transferable mooring or a very very nice boat for continuously cruising but no security.

Have you thought about buying property or are you a boat addict like me :lol:

Junior

He mentioned London on his introductory comments in the CRT poll set up by Laurence Hogg :)

Adam is looking for a liveaboard boat in London I believe

(At 3.47pm adamboatman said "Hello thank you. I am here in London yesterday. I have money. I want boat to live in")

I did make an assumption and assumption is the mother of all .... Ups So may be completely wrong.

Edited by magnetman

EBay, Appolo Duck and Gumtree all seem to host more than their fair share of scams in the boat/vehicles for sale but these will mainly fool those with less money to spend.

I will add Virginia Currer so spend some time Googing for brokers and looking in their on websites to see if their stock is likely to suit you.

99.99% of scams can be avoided by simply ensuring you view the boat, before its purchase. Most of the common scams seem to rely on a distant transaction + a "too good to ignore/too good to be true" price to tempt in fools and pacify the risk - when in fact that "too good to be true" price should be an alert for the scam.

Now you've let us know your budget, I'd STILL recommend a reasonably-priced secondhand boat, even though your 300k (Euros) could buy new - the reason being, if you don't have experience of narrowboats (or widebeams etc) then having a boat and spending, say, a year living on it will clarify ideas about layout, equipment, engine, hull specification/design, size, etc. If you buy a reasonably nice boat then selling it later on should not lose too much money, although boats do depreciate and need maintaining so don't assume it would be cost neutral or profitable etc.