'Standard' primary fuel filter

Ricco1

Featured Posts

I'm going to place an order for filters for my 2 boats from one of the online suppliers.

I believe that the primary one is mostly a standard fit. My boats both take the same one but I can't see a code on them. Any ideas which I should order? And the best online supplier?

Thanks

I'm going to place an order for filters for my 2 boats from one of the online suppliers.

I believe that the primary one is mostly a standard fit. My boats both take the same one but I can't see a code on them. Any ideas which I should order? And the best online supplier?

Thanks

I like Filtrmania. http://www.filtermania.co.uk/

unit 8, Rose Business Centre, Wolverhampton Road, Stafford ST17 9HQ

01785 226969

Edited by Guest

One is a Vetus, the other Isuzu. It's the type that sits in the underneath of the top housing with a round sealing ring. The bottom of the filter has a water separator underneath, with another sealing ring between the 2.

One is a Vetus, the other Isuzu. It's the type that sits in the underneath of the top housing with a round sealing ring. The bottom of the filter has a water separator underneath, with another sealing ring between the 2.

The vetus one is a big silver thing WS 180 from memory? These cost an arm and a leg! Filtermania do a Baldwin replacement for much less and it is top quality with legal drain tap (important for boat safety). Not familiar with the Isuzu but Filtermania man will have it covered. No connection other than a very satisfied customer of several years now.

ps would help if you could post pics.

Edited by Guest

The vetus one is a big silver thing WS 180 from memory? These cost an arm and a leg! Filtermania do a Baldwin replacement for much less and it is top quality with legal drain tap (important for boat safety). Not familiar with the Isuzu but Filtermania man will have it covered. No connection other than a very satisfied customer of several years now.

ps would help if you could post pics.

Thanks for your help.

I can match the secondary, screwed onto engine, filters by using the part number from the manuals. The primary ones are, I suspect, not Vetus or Isuzu, they are a standard add on part, so it's difficult to get a reference number.

I'm sure Ricco will correct me if I'm wrong, But I think he only wants the replacement filter elements, which are almost certainly Crosland 522 equivalents, equivalent Baldwin filters from Inline Filters here at £1.47 each! I have the same engine as his Vetus.

They seem to be the ones, and great value!

I'm sure Ricco will correct me if I'm wrong, But I think he only wants the replacement filter elements, which are almost certainly Crosland 522 equivalents, equivalent Baldwin filters from Inline Filters here at £1.47 each! I have the same engine as his Vetus.

See my earlier post, just because it is an equivalent doesn't mean its the same.

However in the picture that your link shows, the Delphi filter looks exactly like the Baldwin equivalent I linked to!

"Unless labelled Brand Specific the make of product may not match our picture, this allows us to complete orders quickly by supplying an equivalent when necessary. Application data, if listed, is provided as a guide only as models can have several variations. For full compatibility ensure one of our Equivalent Part Numbers, our Dimensions and our Picture match your requirements."