Minimum distance? The enforcement officers have it in black and white.

Doodlebug

Featured Posts

How do I ask CRT for their current logs of my travels since leaving my marina in May? I think I had better compare notes? Can someone ask for the logs on a monthly basis?

2 weeks should cover it

That's 15miles journey back to the marina, to sit there for 2 weeks with noise and antisocial behaviour....for what....just so some guy can log me as being there.and then head 15miles out again to the next water point in Littleborough...

IT JUST MAKES NO SENSE. so I'm not doing it.

Edited by DeanS

How do I ask CRT for their current logs of my travels since leaving my marina in May? I think I had better compare notes? Can someone ask for the logs on a monthly basis?

That's 15miles journey back to the marina, to sit there for 2 weeks with noise and antisocial behaviour....for what....just so some guy can log me as being there.and then head 15miles out again to the next water point in Littleborough...

IT JUST MAKES NO SENSE. so I'm not doing it.

Dean you are getting a bit boring with your personal circumstances. Why don't you just go and sort it out with your local CRT office

Dean you are getting a bit boring with your personal circumstances. Why don't you just go and sort it out with your local CRT office

Sorry John. I'll stop blabbing about it. This 1km ruling thing is new to me. What happens if my "local CRT office" tells me I can't cruise where I'm planning to cruise. You know very well I have no where else to cruise, so I can't go and ask them and be told no, which would put me in quite a position...it's not my fault that after finally taking the plunge to move a widebeam up the Rochdale, on the basis that the CRT map says there are water points at 3 places, the reality is there is only 1 water point....limiting my options even further....the reason I post about it, is because perhaps my circumstances highlight some of the failings in the new T&Cs.....but yes, I'll shut up for a while :)

You don't have to go anywhere or do anything Dean. Your best bet as far as I can see is not to speak to CRT (the last thing you want to be doing in my view) but PM Tony Dunkley and get some advice from him. You're a boater with a home mooring, CRT's CC rules don't apply to you and their attempt to impose them on you and others is unlawful. Don't scuttle about trying to appease them.

Sorry John. I'll stop blabbing about it. This 1km ruling thing is new to me. What happens if my "local CRT office" tells me I can't cruise where I'm planning to cruise. You know very well I have no where else to cruise, so I can't go and ask them and be told no, which would put me in quite a position...it's not my fault that after finally taking the plunge to move a widebeam up the Rochdale, on the basis that the CRT map says there are water points at 3 places, the reality is there is only 1 water point....limiting my options even further....the reason I post about it, is because perhaps my circumstances highlight some of the failings in the new T&Cs.....but yes, I'll shut up for a while smile.png

Just have your own log and pictures the waterpoint issue is theirs report them as faulty and they know you have been there. Also maybe keep on reporting them until they get fixed

Peter

You don't have to go anywhere or do anything Dean. Your best bet as far as I can see is not to speak to CRT (the last thing you want to be doing in my view) but PM Tony Dunkley and get some advice from him. You're a boater with a home mooring, CRT's CC rules don't apply to you and their attempt to impose them on you and others is unlawful. Don't scuttle about trying to appease them.

I agree with you but I dont think Dean wants to be another test case against the T and Cs

Peter

Just have your own log and pictures the waterpoint issue is theirs report them as faulty and they know you have been there. Also maybe keep on reporting them until they get fixed

Peter

I agree with you but I dont think Dean wants to be another test case against the T and Cs

Peter

He wouldn't be, and neither would anyone else in the same situation.

All that it is necessary is to tell C&RT where to stuff their new rules and to goad them into refusing to issue a new LIcence at the next renewal time. After that they have only two options, back down and issue a new licence, or serve a Section 8 Notice followed by the issue of legal proceedings, followed by backing down and the issuing of a new Licence.

• Greenie 2

A volunteer lock keeper banged on the side of our boat and quite rudely told us to move on as we had overstayed. He was told very politely that we where there for a reason and CRT are aware. This has been reported to CRT and an unsatisfactory reply received.

The reply from CRT stated they do not use volunteers for enforcement and have no intention of doing so. Also they say they have received no other complaints so please report to CRT if you have any problems so I'm not the only one.

Edited by cloggy

A volunteer lock keeper banged on the side of our boat and quite rudely told us to move on as we had overstayed. He was told very politely that we where there for a reason and CRT are aware. This has been reported to CRT and an unsatisfactory reply received.

The reply from CRT stated they do not use volunteers for enforcement and have no intention of doing so. Also they say they have received no other complaints so please report to CRT if you have any problems so I'm not the only one.

Whereabouts roughly?

I'm not liking the sound of any of this at all . I logged in to ask some Thames questions and stumbled on this thread.

Do I want another boat if I'm going to have to cope with harassment ?

Volunteers taking boat movement data is a big no no , too much scope for personal vendettas

I wonder if some ex vol lockie is having some fun just a thought

Peter

No.he's a volunteer. Been doing it about 3 years at least, just guessing he's put it on himself to take more responsibility

Whereabouts roughly?

Happened in Market Drayton. Volunteer is from Tyrley locks

I know I posted this before but in this kind of situation I would...

1) Take the guys name

2) Ask for written evidence to support their verbal instruction. Or get them to put their verbal instruction in writing (for future reference)

3) Remind them that if the instruction to move is not backed by law you may treat the instruction as harassment and take legal action against them.

It may not work but might make any over zealous enforcement officer think twice...

I know I posted this before but in this kind of situation I would...

1) Take the guys name

2) Ask for written evidence to support their verbal instruction. Or get them to put their verbal instruction in writing (for future reference)

3) Remind them that if the instruction to move is not backed by law you may treat the instruction as harassment and take legal action against them.

It may not work but might make any over zealous enforcement officer think twice...

You forgot

4. Inform them that you are going round to see their Mum and tell her what a naughty boy they are being.

• Greenie 2

A volunteer lock keeper banged on the side of our boat and quite rudely told us to move on as we had overstayed.

I need to stay away from this thread (but I can't ..I'm addicted)....this sentence just f-r-e-a-k-s me out :)

20150707_140359_zpsuepf5fxi.jpg

On this, what isn't there to enjoy....

I raise you this....

11709644_10206119043109036_9029576891160

I'm thinking that all C&RT volunteers and staff /employees should have photo identity cards with their name, unique ID number and position within C&RT (volunteer, grass cutter, enforcement officer etc) and be required to present their credentials if engaged on official business (much the same as police officers etc do) and / or dealing with the public.

At the same time anyone confronted by an alleged C&RT volunteer, employee / staff member should also ask to see (if not presented) their credentials and record these details along with the time & place of encounter along with notes of topic discussed.

I realise these actions may well seem onerous (especially to laid back boaters) but this is possibly the only way of proving one way or the other what is really going on in some of these interactions between boaters and C&RT personnel.

I suspect that if some are "over stepping their mark" and engaging in bullying or harassing behaviour, this will help "pull them into line".

• Greenie 1

I must say...although only been boating for 4-5yrs...this is the first year I've ever seen this level of officialdom...data loggers in marinas....data loggers on towpaths....they're everywhere

Edited by DeanS

I must say...although only been boating for 4-5yrs...this is the first year I've ever seen this level of officialdom...data loggers in marinas....data loggers on towpaths....they're everywhere

Probably some fisherman left his bait box open.

I'm thinking that all C&RT volunteers and staff /employees should have photo identity cards with their name, unique ID number and position within C&RT (volunteer, grass cutter, enforcement officer etc) and be required to present their credentials if engaged on official business (much the same as police officers etc do) and / or dealing with the public.

At the same time anyone confronted by an alleged C&RT volunteer, employee / staff member should also ask to see (if not presented) their credentials and record these details along with the time & place of encounter along with notes of topic discussed.

I realise these actions may well seem onerous (especially to laid back boaters) but this is possibly the only way of proving one way or the other what is really going on in some of these interactions between boaters and C&RT personnel.

I suspect that if some are "over stepping their mark" and engaging in bullying or harassing behaviour, this will help "pull them into line".

Volunteers do carry ID according to CaRT -

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/enforcement_volunteers

It is on the increase and much more noticeable certainly but they have been logging boat movements for sometime now.

It is odd though that when the VM changes occurred at the "pilot" sites such as Stoke Bruerne folk said that they should be monitoring first before making such decisions and now they are gathering data via logging folk don't like it. It's a rum old world.