Minimum distance? The enforcement officers have it in black and white.

Doodlebug

Featured Posts

Well, I've just seen one at Leighton Buzzard, that was in and around berko since last September. So at least one has moved.

As to regular visitors being in and around Berko, the range Crt are promoting is "at least 30 miles range per license year". So I would suspect to see boats returning there at some point, whilst cruising their particular range pattern.

30 miles? Not seen that before, where did that quote come from?

Keith

I did get very suspicious that they might use data collected at a time there were many boats there on winter towpath permits to build a case for shorter stay times and penalties the rest of the year.

Your final point is rather silly, and I' sure you know that really! They get these particular volunteers at set locations only, because they only advertise for and recruit them at those specific locations only. Clearly at some there is no shortage of people with the mindset it seems to involve, whereas at others they seem to have struggled to find even one. It certainly isn't a case of people coming to them saying "I want to volunteer in Berkhamsted - what is available please?"

I wouldn't say his final point is silly. There could actually be some truth in it. The trust needs volunteers to justify its promoted aims and goals. There is no fixed agenda as to what the volunteers should do, so in the big picture, "it makes the numbers up".

Well, that's very helpful John, was it spoken or written? If written, please can you provide a link to where it is written? Sheesh!

Its from a statement made by Damien Kemp in February of this year. I'm on phone as well, but canal and river trust boating page or their web page will have what you seek.

I wouldn't say his final point is silly. There could actually be some truth in it. The trust needs volunteers to justify its promoted aims and goals. There is no fixed agenda as to what the volunteers should do, so in the big picture, "it makes the numbers up".

Its from a statement made by Damien Kemp in February of this year. I'm on phone as well, but canal and river trust boating page or their web page will have what you seek.

Much too hard to find, can anyone else provide a direct link?

Keith

That still doesn't support CRT's stated reason for using these volunteers. In fact, whilst people should not overstay the 14 days, and whilst clearly you would like to see action taken against them, the fact they are overstaying only causes a significant problem to other potential moorers at the point there is not enough space for everybody.

Incidentally I have been told that the boat I believe you are talking about has been sold to a new owner, and at least one of the other most persistently overstaying boats changed hands after its owner died.

Mr Loddon is not going let your facts get in the way of a nice anti-CC rant. He'll find a way to squirm around them.

Death?!!!! that doesn't stop you moving your boat when I want to go past it.

As Ricco says it does keep changing I am on bus on phone so can't do link but I am sure someone will do it

Bloody immigrants! messing around with our mileage.

Mr Loddon is not going let your facts get in the way of a nice anti-CC rant. He'll find a way to squirm around them.

Death?!!!! that doesn't stop you moving your boat when I want to go past it.

Chris

It had nothing to do with CC it was to do with towpath shufflers who do not CC! Pick your targets better next time.

Why should what Alan says be treated as fact any more than what I say?

Oh yes he is on your side........so must be right.

I will investigate the circumstances, but if the death is on the boat I think he means I wasn't including that one as its not been about for a while as the owner moved off tbe cut.

Mentions 15-20 miles though.

That isn't 30 miles though is it?

I think everyone participating in this discussion is aware of the 15-20 miles bit, but only two, it appears, know anything about someone within CaRT saying that 30 miles range over a year would be the acceptable cut off point. If that is the stance that the enforcement office is likely to adopt, then it needs to be common knowledge.

I wasn't aware of the 1.km bit until I saw it mentioned on here.

Keith

Keith

What does " range of movement mean " 15 miles in one direction or 7.5 miles out and back ?

Example:

Oxford to Lower Heyford is roughly 15 miles, if you were to only cruise between those two points, that would be your cruising range. If you were to do the whole stretch 100 times in a year your cruising range would still be 15 miles not 1500.

Get it?

Keith