License Problem

Ajna

Featured Posts

Anyway if your a hobby boater why are you posting in the living afloat section

Regards kris

And since when did you become a Forum adjudicator?

People can post where and when they like!

Or are you one of those that would prefer it if only boat owners posted on here?

Kriss88.

You really get yourself into some scrapes don't you?

There's no need for it. Just play nicely, and that goes all the other augumentive (spell check) folk on here. Tit for tat gets nobody anywhere.

Martyn (duty peace maker,for today anyhow.)

• Greenie 1

To be fair, and to give Kris the benefit of the doubt, I would think that 'hobby' is probably typing error . . . . .

. . . . . . . taking into consideration who he was referring to, surely what he must have intended to say is " gobby boater"

Given your "holiday" from the forum as a result of your inabilty to resist personal attacks on other members, one might have hoped that you would exercise self-restraint in future.

I have removed many posts from this thread the main protagonists need to get a grip and enjoy the sunshine.

My apologies to the ones whose posts have been removed in collateral damage.

N

The OP seems not to have noticed that there is actually another navigation authority in Manchester. If you don't like CRT's mooring guidelines you could always move your boat onto one of their waterways. After all, they don't have a draconian 14-day rule.*

* admittedly, they do have a 24-hour rule.

CRT have said I have got to get a home mooring if I don't move enough!

I want a mooring but there are none available where I am based unless I wish to live in a floating **** in the center of Manchester so this means CRT will refuse my license renewal!

What am I supposed to do?

Why should I be forced to live somewhere I don't want to live like a marina in a city center?

There are miles of empty towpath so why can I have a tow path mooring as there are no other moorings?

I was a CC when I first got my boat but now my circumstances have changed.

What you can do, perfectly legally, is take a mooring somewhere (doesn't matter where) and then bridge hop in the area you actually want to be in. CRT don't like it but the law is on your side. The best mooring, given you won't be using it, is the cheapest you can find.

Not ideal because you're paying for something you don't need just to satisfy the pencil necked clipboards wielders but it's one of those things. Good luck.

What you can do, perfectly legally, is take a mooring somewhere (doesn't matter where) and then bridge hop in the area you actually want to be in. CRT don't like it but the law is on your side. The best mooring, given you won't be using it, is the cheapest you can find.

Not ideal because you're paying for something you don't need just to satisfy the pencil necked clipboards wielders but it's one of those things. Good luck.

Thus making life more difficult for genuine CC'ers and other people cruising and wanting to moor for a night....sometimes you are beyond belief!

Cheers

Gareth

Have read the whole thread and have to say I tend to agree, it is a wind up.

Phil

If you read the whole thread you would have seen that he told you it was a wind up in post #34. It didn't seem to stop people continuing with it though.

I have removed many posts from this thread the main protagonists need to get a grip and enjoy the sunshine.

My apologies to the ones whose posts have been removed in collateral damage.

N

Are you a moderator/censor? The post doesn't show you as such? Just curious as it normally shows a moderator to be such.

Are you a moderator/censor? The post doesn't show you as such? Just curious as it normally shows a moderator to be such.

On the left of each of my posts is a picture of my boat. That is just below my name (Theo). Allow your eyes to track down the screen from the picture (of my boat) and you will see written in blue the words "Moderator Staff" and just below that, in a blue rectangle, the words "Site crew".

HTH

N

On the left of each of my posts is a picture of my boat. That is just below my name (Theo). Allow your eyes to track down the screen from the picture (of my boat) and you will see written in blue the words "Moderator Staff" and just below that, in a blue rectangle, the words "Site crew".

HTH

N

Oops it's a fault with the mobile app doesn't show this up ok on full version

Sorry mate the mobile app shows avatar and name only

Oops it's a fault with the mobile app doesn't show this up ok on full version

Sorry mate the mobile app shows avatar and name only

I din't know that! Shows how often I use the mobile version.

N