The Delights Of Solar Pv

Theo

Featured Posts

Six small panels wired series/parallel, total 240Wp. Mounted flat.

15.0A at 14.1V = 211.5W or 88% of theoretical maximum. What's not to like?

N

But even a small number is good. It means that you can leave the boat with the batteries depleted and know that in a day or two they will be up to 100%.

N

I have 9 x 97 watt flexies in good sun see 50 amps plus I know they arnt as efficient as rigids but they look so much better and I only have half the roof to paint clapping.gif They are without a doubt one of my best buys ever

Peterclapping.gif

Nice to see lots of happy people, 10 or 12 years ago I fitted 5 x 100w panels and got fed up with people telling me they were a waste of money as they don't work. My how the world has changed

Phil

Nice to see lots of happy people, 10 or 12 years ago I fitted 5 x 100w panels and got fed up with people telling me they were a waste of money as they don't work. My how the world has changed

Phil

My leisures are ready for binning, but our 600w solar array means we have hardly noticed. Running fridge and all onboard tech no problem.

Another observation about solar is annoying and noisy genny running is far less common than it used to be. Boaters have cottoned on that solar is the answer.

My leisures are ready for binning, but our 600w solar array means we have hardly noticed. Running fridge and all onboard tech no problem.

Another observation about solar is annoying and noisy genny running is far less common than it used to be. Boaters have cottoned on that solar is the answer.

Yup, if there's a row of boats at a mooring, I will pick the boat with a shed load of pv to moor next to, much less likely to have a motor running in the evening.