My new favourite tool!

Featured Posts

I've never used one of these before but after a tip off from a mate I picked one up on ebay. Never heard of the brand either but I have just spent the day stripping my bilges back to metal and this electric stripper was an absolute winner! A blat with this and then a once over with a non woven sanding pad on a grinder and the job was done!

Well impressed. If it's not obvious, the blades, of various sizes, slot into the top and it acts as a kind of multi tool that chips away at the paint.

Ace

BCksV1E.jpg

You haven't discovered the virtues of a cheese knife yet.....amazing tool ..used it to cut away spray foam on sailaway....lol

Nope but I have an old bread knife that I have cut a cratch cover off me prop with ;)

I have a Bosch version of this tool and it is brilliant for chipping away thick layers of paint. straight down to the metal. No need to use a noisy needle gun for hours and hours. Just attack the paint at 45 degrees and once you chip away the first bit it just shaves the paint off in 2 inch strips.

I have a Bosch version of this tool and it is brilliant for chipping away thick layers of paint. straight down to the metal. No need to use a noisy needle gun for hours and hours. Just attack the paint at 45 degrees and once you chip away the first bit it just shaves the paint off in 2 inch strips.

Yup, well good innit!

What a noise that thing must make.

I bet you were popular with the moorers around you !

I take you up in that bet..

As I live on a residential mooring with just 7 other boats I was able to talk with my neighbours before hand and they were cool.

But... You'd be surprised how quiet it was anyway.

Like a cordless impact driver

I take you up in that bet..

As I live on a residential mooring with just 7 other boats I was able to talk with my neighbours before hand and they were cool.

But... You'd be surprised how quiet it was anyway.

Like a cordless impact driver

Best bit about living on the cut. Knowing everyone on your moorings and if you've got a manky job on, generally someone will give you a hand rather than make passive aggressive comments over a fence.

I have one of those,think i got it in lidl.YEs they do a good job.The only down side i found was that the blades blunt fairly quickly and it works much better when the blades are sharp and i have never seen replacement blades on sale.But a good little tool for stripping decks and hard to shift paint for a low price.

Saw a guy in Braunston stripping the non slip paint from his roof with one, I thought it looked very effective but was po poed when I posted about it on here

Looks like a fair piece of kit. Anything that's better and less noisy than an needle scaler sounds interesting, and I love our needle scaler!

I have a Bosch version of this tool and it is brilliant for chipping away thick layers of paint. straight down to the metal.

Got any more info on that?

Daniel

Looks like a fair piece of kit. Anything that's better and less noisy than an needle scaler sounds interesting, and I love our needle scaler!

Got any more info on that?

Daniel

See

eBay item number:171816512504

Saw a guy in Braunston stripping the non slip paint from his roof with one, I thought it looked very effective but was po poed when I posted about it on here

Yes I mentioned it a few years back and no-one showed any interest then either.