winter moorings non compliant boaters

peterboat

Featured Posts

So how does this help anybody then?

Am I missing something but if somebody is having genuine difficulties how does refusing to allow them to comply next winter help? What is it supposed to achieve?

I am not talking about the very small minority of people who do take the mickey but this does appear as rather 'hammer to crack a nut' again.

Am I missing something but if somebody is having genuine difficulties how does refusing to allow them to comply next winter help? What is it supposed to achieve?

I am not talking about the very small minority of people who do take the mickey but this does appear as rather 'hammer to crack a nut' again.

I am assuming where RBOA has said Non Compliant they mean any boater going through the enforcement process or has been issued with a limited 3/6 month licence. Those boats under enforcement are not allowed to take a winter mooring, CRT do however make some exceptions

So your not cruising enough, and you should be on a mooring, but when you ask for one they refuse, and say you have to cruise about in the winter when they have possibly closed locks and bridge holes.

Maybe that makes sense in CRT land.

Similar to the enforcement officer that told me last month if you break down you can hire an outboard motor and keep constantly cruising !

My thoughts exactly Martin I could not believe what I was reading. Somebody could have genuine problems with the boat that 3-4 months in winter could sort and lo and behold you cant have a mooring sir!! Me I would take the money and say ta very much

Peter

How much more expensive is a marina mooring for the winter now than the CRT winter mooring. In the past when I have spoken to boaters about it there seemed little difference and no services.

i paid just over £500 for a winter mooring last year compared to a marina mooring for the same time would be £1.300

How much more expensive is a marina mooring for the winter now than the CRT winter mooring. In the past when I have spoken to boaters about it there seemed little difference and no services.

It depends if you are comparing winter mooring or winter roving mooring permit. The former being the more expensive of the two in general.

Moorings are very costly , no real competition and the prices are held high when crt refuse to lower the prices to what people are willing to pay , auctions often see them left empty when no one is willing to pay crt the money they set a reserve at , it is said many times something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

So your not cruising enough, and you should be on a mooring, but when you ask for one they refuse, and say you have to cruise about in the winter when they have possibly closed locks and bridge holes.

Maybe that makes sense in CRT land.

Similar to the enforcement officer that told me last month if you break down you can hire an outboard motor and keep constantly cruising !

How does one attach an outboard to a narrowboat?

Winter moorings should be sold on a Dutch Auction format.

This is where the offer starts high and then reduces gradually until a bid is received. The first bid is the winning bid. It would endure that a market related price is achieved for anything sold and usually results in 100% of items available for sale being sold.

This is where the offer starts high and then reduces gradually until a bid is received. The first bid is the winning bid. It would endure that a market related price is achieved for anything sold and usually results in 100% of items available for sale being sold.

I know I am not very clever so could you explain how that would work on approx 1,500 miles of towpath? Or is it a case of you don't know what you are talking about

I actually think that is how all the LtM's should be auctioned.

Are you confusing winter moorings with online moorings?

I am confused I thought this was a thread about winter moorings

It is, but I just added my two penneth and suggested that auction format should apply to LTM's. I'm not sure how it could apply to WM's which is the bit I missed off and should really have added.