Nb Mollie Kershaw

AftApeth

Featured Posts

I saw what looked like a cracking boat a short while ago on the AD. Was keen to go and see it but I see that the ad has been removed already. Just wondering if any of the boat hunters on here have snapped it up?

It was a 57' trad called Mollie Kershaw.

Lots of folks here who know more about how to find the info you seek than me, but this site is a handy place to look up boat info as a starter.

For Mollie Kershaw it has this listing....

Mollie Kershaw Built by Amberdale - Length 17.4 metres ( 57 feet 1 inch ) - Beam 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft 0.61 ( 2 feet ). Metal hull, power of 50 BHP. Registered with number 510853 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on Wednesday 22nd May 2013.

Lots of folks here who know more about how to find the info you seek than me, but this site is a handy place to look up boat info as a starter.

For Mollie Kershaw it has this listing....

Mollie Kershaw Built by Amberdale - Length 17.4 metres ( 57 feet 1 inch ) - Beam 2.08 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ) - Draft 0.61 ( 2 feet ). Metal hull, power of 50 BHP. Registered with number 510853 as a Powered. Last registration recorded on Wednesday 22nd May 2013.

Thanks, I've found canalplan useful sometimes to find information about this history of nbs, and I did come across this entry when I was googling around. But I wasn't really looking for this info here. What I wanted to know was whether somebody on here had bought the boat, which might explain why the ad has disappeared. Or perhaps somebody knows Brian Curran, who was selling it. Cheers.

• Greenie 1

Thanks, I've found canalplan useful sometimes to find information about this history of nbs, and I did come across this entry when I was googling around. But I wasn't really looking for this info here. What I wanted to know was whether somebody on here had bought the boat, which might explain why the ad has disappeared. Or perhaps somebody knows Brian Curran, who was selling it. Cheers.

. If you have the old advert that you first saw, why not phone the number they may have removed it through lack of interest and be willing to take a bargain knock down offer, I saw our current boat for sale three times before I went in with a really low offer haggled up a little but still paid half the original asking price,if however you have lost the add and all contact details that went with it I'm sorry I can't help

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen this boat on and off for quite a while now on my travels and often wondered how it got its name - who was Mollie Kershaw and should I know the name? Was she a famous person and am I just displaying my ignorance?

Should you ever track the boat and/or Brian Curran down please could you pop the question and publish the response on the forum, thereby putting my mind at rest!

There is a Mollie Kershaw moored on the T&M near Black Prince at Acton Bridge-no idea if it is the same one!

That's the area where I've generally seen it over the years. Brian Curran is the name that seems to be associate with ownership ....... any leads in this direction?

<Shrug> I've seen both used at times in equal measure. The change could even have been to avoid any possible action by the writer about his copyright. There are any number of "Almost a song title" boats on the water.

Good point!