Hackney CMers want to have a "CC Licence" and to remain in one place.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

Mr. Tilbury, can you provide a source for the boaters in question wanting to keep their CC licenses (that don't exist) after they get a mooring? Could you also explain why they would want to do that because it seems nonsensical.

Thanks.

I wonder why you have posted a question to Mr Tilbury and quoted my post ?

Very strange

If you wish to contact Mr Tilbury maybe you should ask on the site he posts on.

I think it an eminently sensible idea....If the landowner is prepared to charge a reasonable or even peppercorn rent for the whole section to the cooperative. If CaRT agree to residential moorings at that point and charge the normal fees charged to boatyards. The cooperative self regulates and can negotiate for facilities then as far as I can see it's win win

Boaters get a mooring at the cost price because nobody is making profit and CaRT get some extra mooring fees

Possibly because they have got off their backsides to do something?

I used to CC and then decided I want to stay in one place.

What did I do? - I got off my arse and got a permenant mooring - at the going rate and did not expect to get it on the cheap.

I did not set up in one place and then want to make a community mooring

We'd all like that

Why should this group get it for any less than the rest of us?

I personally am just happy that they would be paying something. I couldn't really go along with it being free as like 99% of boaters I pay at least something for theirs. In fact because I got our mooring (not in London admittedly) at reserve rather than guide (CRT's 'going rate') it would probably be hypocritical if I did complain if they were able to negotiate something cheaper.

Perhaps the key here is that they are being pro active about the situation and posing a potentially viable alternative to the Trust rather than just burying their heads in the sand, if they suceed it could possibly encourage other groups of boaters to do the same in 'high pressure areas'

The other reason to me is I read it that as a 'community mooring' they themselves will have a responsibility for it's maintenance and up keep which should at least bring some form of a discount over a mooring where the mooring site owner has responsibility for this.

If you could get a mooring cheaper than the 'going rate' (what is this please? I'm not aware of a National Rate for Mooring) would you go for it?

Or perhaps you would say "No, it's not fair while everyone else is paying more"

And that would be a perfectly reasonable thing to say as far as I'm concerned

• Greenie 1

If it is being proposed in a sensible business like way, it is no different to the many cruising clubs and the like that have their own managed moorings where their members pay a reduced rate compared to the normal commercial rate.

Nothing to prevent CRT from saying "no" (full stop) though?

Could be awkward, as CRT were up for such ideas in the BRG group.

A bit like the RMP idea really. Suggest it, go with it, push it, and if it gets off the ground, for gods sake dump it.

Does make you wonder what CRT-IWA does actually want though.

Edited by jenlyn

I wonder if the 7 will be happy to pay the going rate for a mooring if it were allowed. No way will it happen. On top of this the way things are going with London I can see CRT getting very close to being classed as a housing assoc.

:lol:

I pay £10k a year for a 72x14ft residential mooring in Zone 2 London (Limehouse Cut)

and before anyone says thats too much both my neighbours pay £12k each :huh:

We'd all like that

Why should this group get it for any less than the rest of us?

Quite right.

So do we think one has to deliberately push the 'boundaries' of "no home mooring declaration license (aka cc license)" in order to get preferential treatment and an 'affordable' mooring?

If you want affordable go to Uxbridge? There's a tube line there :lol:

And I just love the way people muddy the whole thing by saying "there is no such thing as a cc license"

:lol::clapping: very clever

And I just love the way people muddy the whole thing by saying "there is no such thing as a cc license"

laugh.pngclapping.gif very clever

Or to clarify for people trying to muddy the whole thing by making out there's two licences.

For your clarification, there is one pleasure boat licence. Fact.

Perhaps you should have a houseboat certificate?

Surely the thing to do is open new moorings, let them for the going rate or auction them then let people claim housing benefit for the residential mooring space if they are actually struggling and need help paying for their Zone 2 London accomodation.

rather than just giving subsidy to <insert own word here> ers

So similar to boating clubs except live aboards .

Planning permission

Council tax

Contractor for rubbish skip or will council collect rubbish

Water rates if they want water on site The water company will then charge for grey water removal.

lease rental to land owner.

End of garden mooring fees to CRT.

CRT boat licence.

Accept all these and I am behind them all the way.

Or to clarify for people trying to muddy the whole thing by making out there's two licences.

For your clarification, there is one pleasure boat licence. Fact.

Perhaps you should have a houseboat certificate?

Its OK I do know about licensing. I have a boat with a home mooring and another boat without a home mooring which is a "continuously cruising" boat and subject to enforcement in that respect :) I don't have a houseboat but its a fair point you make.

OK so the cruising license doesn't say whether you have a mooring or not on the bit of paper but CRT do know ;) if you have a mooring or not so in effect there are two 'types' of license for all intents and purposes.

I know its a circular argument but I think most people know what a 'cc license' means - it means someone who has a cruising license but has declared they do not have a home mooring.

Is this not backward way round? The boaters in my mind should be making the proposals to the LA, so that the LA can in turn apply to CRT. CRT get their access money from the LA, and then its down to the LA and the boaters to agree any costs which could be reduced if the boaters run the site themselves.

There are probably lots of rules behind all this ie council tax,

I'll withdraw from that argument now as I can see it could get silly :)

"And I just love the way people muddy the whole thing by saying "there is no such thing as a cc license"

very clever"

crt and their CEO are quite clear about that, are you suggesting they are wrong?

Its OK Jenlyn, I do know this :)

Surely the thing to do is open new moorings, let them for the going rate or auction them then let people claim housing benefit for the residential mooring space if they are actually struggling and need help paying for their Zone 2 London accomodation.

rather than just giving subsidy to <insert own word here> ers

1. How is that different from what these people are trying achieve?

2. if you point to Engineer's Wharf or Uxbridge how does that address the intention to make a community mooring?

Is it not just easier (and quicker to type)a CC Licence than to repeatedly say " A pleasure boat licence obtained by declaring no home mooring"

Everyone here knows what is intended by the statement, and everyone knows that there is no separate/different licence - it is just a convenience to use CC Licence.

No one seems to complain when such as

IMHO, or

CRT

is used

:lol:

I pay £10k a year for a 72x14ft residential mooring in Zone 2 London (Limehouse Cut)

and before anyone says thats too much both my neighbours pay £12k each :huh:

Quite right.

So do we think one has to deliberately push the 'boundaries' of "no home mooring declaration license (aka cc license)" in order to get preferential treatment and an 'affordable' mooring?

If you want affordable go to Uxbridge? There's a tube line there :lol:

:lol::clapping: very clever

Surely it was the NBW article that muddied the waters by even mentioning licences?

Besides there is no real difference between your/my licence and the licence that a boater without a home mooring has. The only difference is the code indicating that you and I have a home mooring (and on which waterway that it's on) and the code that indicates someone does not. They look the same, cost the same and in every other sense are the same.

Edited by The Dog House

"And I just love the way people muddy the whole thing by saying "there is no such thing as a cc license"

very clever"

crt and their CEO are quite clear about that, are you suggesting they are wrong?

Yes.

You seem quite happy to believe that they are wrong about other parts of the Acts, so why are you so convinced that they are right on this point.

1. Its different if the people who are able to access the mooring have behaved in a certain way in order to gain access to said moorings. CRT online moorings should be available to all, at a market rate set by auction or whatever. They should not be obtainable only by a certain group who have (by choice) taken actions which have put them into an awkward position.

2. What I mean is if you can't afford the market rate for accomodation in London move further out wink.png

1. How is that different from what these people are trying achieve?

2. if you point to Engineer's Wharf or Uxbridge how does that address the intention to make a community mooring?

Is it not just easier (and quicker to type)a CC Licence than to repeatedly say " A pleasure boat licence obtained by declaring no home mooring"

Everyone here knows what is intended by the statement, and everyone knows that there is no separate/different licence - it is just a convenience to use CC Licence.

No one seems to complain when such as

IMHO, or

CRT

is used

Thats what I meant. Maybe there should be a recognised acronym like BWoAHM

Edited by magnetman