Hackney CMers want to have a "CC Licence" and to remain in one place.

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

Not quite true (as usual from the source).

CRT have been working along with the London based better relationships group to secure community moorings, boat club moorings or whatever you wish to call it.

As usual, it was smoke and mirrors, just like the roving permit. So basically, another chunk of money and time wasted.

Fairly self explanatory.

Seven CC boats have problems complying with the CC rules due to schooling so request C&RT let them have a 'community' and remain in one place whilst keeping their CC status.

http://www.narrowboatworld.com/index.php/leatest/7573-want-a-boating-families.

But if they create their own mooring and presumably the council who own the land would have to agree to it along with agreeing residential status why would they ever think CRT would agree to them remaining as having the status of boaters with no home mooring, because they have one.

One of the best examples of muddled thinking I have seen in a while.

But if they create their own mooring and presumably the council who own the land would have to agree to it along with agreeing residential status why would they ever think CRT would agree to them remaining as having the status of boaters with no home mooring, because they have one.

A case of bad reporting through lack of research, thinking there is such a thing as a cc licence.

What irks is the fact that some are coming up with what the trust ask for, only to be bowled down when they start to progress.

Fairly self explanatory.

Seven CC boats have problems complying with the CC rules due to schooling so request C&RT let them have a 'community' and remain in one place whilst keeping their CC status.

http://www.narrowboatworld.com/index.php/leatest/7573-want-a-boating-families.

Alan Tilbury? aka Alan de Enfield?

your article could only have been published on a medium that doesn't require rigour in its journalists.

as Martin says, a prime example of muddled thinking

• Greenie 1

Article appears to have been lifted from here

http://hackneycitizen.co.uk/2014/12/15/hackney-boating-families-set-up-community-moorings-river-lea/

Typical 'excellent' reporting skills........I'll just rewrite what someone else has written.....saves doing any real research and reporting!

he seems to have missed this bit;

"Once content with this nomadic lifestyle, these boaters are now seeking to create a community moorings a home moorings managed as a cooperative on the River Lea."

CC license Alan?

• Greenie 1

Article appears to have been lifted from here

http://hackneycitizen.co.uk/2014/12/15/hackney-boating-families-set-up-community-moorings-river-lea/

Typical 'excellent' reporting skills........I'll just rewrite what someone else has written.....saves doing any real research and reporting!

Lifted and with a bit added I would say. That article makes no mention (unless I missed it) of their future licence status just rather that are seeking a particular place to secure a group mooring which doesn't seem that unreasonable does it? I think an assumption has been made in the NBW that the licence status means they won't have to pay for the 'community' mooring which I do think would be unfair if that is correct. I don't see why they should get a mooring for free when others are paying for theirs. But as I said that is an assumption and if they intend to pay as well fair enough and good luck to them.

Agree it does seem weird....

Agree with your second one as well ....(it came up while I'm doing my 2 finger typing) .....the whole thing sounds as if it has been very badly written up

Then it's a potential offside mooring owned by the local council?

So it's down to CRT to decide whether or not they want permanent moorings there. Nothing to do with CC or CM because once it's a mooring, it becomes subject to all the usual rules. The council will be paying for access from CRT water, and the moorers will reimburse it.

Typical misunderstood non-news story, AFAICS.

The solution is very simple, as most boaters realise. If boaters require to moor in one place to be able to attend work and/or for children to attend school, they obtain a permanent mooring.

that seems to be exactly what they are doing...

There are seven boats, both narrowboats and wide beams, with the owners wanting to create a community moorings, managed as a co-operative

Whoever wrote this article is a complete moron.

Presumably, besides/reimbursing the council they will also be subject to council tax and be able to 'demand' services such as water and rubbish disposal.

Having cruised up the Lee over the past month and now on our way back down, there are many places on the offside where community moorings could be established. But there has to be a will to do this.

Not quite to do with the OP, the latest bulletin from the IWA states that CRT will be releasing their action plan for London moorings in the Spring and extending it to Hackney in the New Year. Their words, not mine.

I wonder if the 7 will be happy to pay the going rate for a mooring if it were allowed. No way will it happen. On top of this the way things are going with London I can see CRT getting very close to being classed as a housing assoc.

The whole point of setting up community moorings as a social enterprise is to offer affordable moorings substantially below the going rate.

Alan Tilbury? aka Alan de Enfield?

your article could only have been published on a medium that doesn't require rigour in its journalists.

as Martin says, a prime example of muddled thinking

Ha! Well outed..

Greenie

Good try but totally & utterly wrong.

I have never posted on the 'Dark Side' under any name.

Good try but totally & utterly wrong.

I have never posted on the 'Dark Side' under any name.

Mr. Tilbury, can you provide a source for the boaters in question wanting to keep their CC licenses (that don't exist) after they get a mooring? Could you also explain why they would want to do that because it seems nonsensical.

Thanks.

Edited by Delta9

We'd all like that

Why should this group get it for any less than the rest of us?

If you could get a mooring cheaper than the 'going rate' (what is this please? I'm not aware of a National Rate for Mooring) would you go for it?

Or perhaps you would say "No, it's not fair while everyone else is paying more"