Christmas Day.

Southern Star

Featured Posts

We're planning to be moving on Christmas Day, weather permitting, from Brinklow towards Braunston, so we'll probably get somewhere the other side of Hillmorton (assuming there are no stoppages, I'll check nearer the date and if there are, we'll just go the other way).

Are there likely to be other boats moving on Christmas Day or will we have the cut to ourselves?

Not at Calais surely, I didn't think the boats operated on Christmas Day?

I don't think Junior operates the boats does he?

I understand he works on the security of the port. Surely that must be a 24/7 requirement.

Not at Calais surely, I didn't think the boats operated on Christmas Day?

Correct, sadly the stinky express still runs on Christmas day though.

I don't think Junior operates the boats does he?

I understand he works on the security of the port. Surely that must be a 24/7 requirement.

Sort of. I search the lorries, so we are not required at Calais or Dunkirque xmas day as there will be no lorries, but still have to go into Coquelles as the train is running.

Sort of. I search the lorries, so we are not required at Calais or Dunkirque xmas day as there will be no lorries, but still have to go into Coquelles as the train is running.

Never seen a dog at Coquelles, ever..(aside from those being checked in)

Is this new?

Don't know which one of you searched one of the lorries that turned up at the depot where I work on Friday, but they missed 3 illegals inside a curtain sided lorry that just got of the ferry from France. The vehical pulled up at security then suddenly 3 men got out ran across the roof to the back and jumped 16 odd feet to the ground and then ran like lighting to get away. All this was captured on my mates phone.

Darren

I'll be at work Christmas day and relying on the forum for light relief, so i hope i won't be the only one on here!?

IN THE WORKHOUSE - CHRISTMAS DAY

by

George R. Sims ( 1847 - 1922 )

It is Christmas Day in the workhouse, and the cold, bare walls are bright

With garlands of green and holly, and the place is a pleasant sight;

For with clean-washed hands and faces in a long and hungry line

The paupers sit at the table, for this is the hour they dine.

And the guardians and their ladies, although the wind is east,

Have come in their furs and wrappers to watch their charges feast;

To smile and be condescending, putting on pauper plates.

To be hosts at the workhouse banquet, they've paid for with the rates....................

Full poem here:

http://poemsandprose.blog.co.uk/2006/12/22/title~1467265/

Don't know which one of you searched one of the lorries that turned up at the depot where I work on Friday, but they missed 3 illegals inside a curtain sided lorry that just got of the ferry from France. The vehical pulled up at security then suddenly 3 men got out ran across the roof to the back and jumped 16 odd feet to the ground and then ran like lighting to get away. All this was captured on my mates phone.

Darren

Post the video

Nope, the police where there so I wouldn't want to get in trouble by airing something I shouldn't. And before you say it it's not bullshit.

Darren

I'm not sure how posting the video would be a problem TBH. If it's simple a factual record of something that happened there would not be a problem surely?

Back on Topic.............

We're boating on Christmas Day boat.gif

The plan is to set off Christmas morning

Our first outing in the new boat leaving Crick bound for her new home at Thrupp.

Fingers crossed that Napton will open (scheduled for this Friday)

Nope, the police where there so I wouldn't want to get in trouble by airing something I shouldn't. And before you say it it's not bullshit.

Darren

I've no doubt it's not BS, cross-Channel stowaways are a huge problem, one was killed this week on the M25 as he disembarked from the axles of a trailer on which he had stowed away and was run over as the vehicle moved off.

Back on Topic.............

We're boating on Christmas Day boat.gif

The plan is to set off Christmas morning

Our first outing in the new boat leaving Crick bound for her new home at Thrupp.

Fingers crossed that Napton will open (scheduled for this Friday)

Whats the boat called? We are in Crick I can wave you off.