Hopper window buffer sticky thing

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

Bear with me, this is going to be like the world's crappest ever game of word association.

Ok.

Hopper windows. The top bit, where the hopper sits, where the glass slat can be opened and closed.

Cushioning the glass against the metal of the frame where it sits and along the top where it closes, is a strip of some kind of black rubber/plastic self adhesive stuff.

What is it called? I need to replace a couple of bits of it, but without having the name of it, am not having much luck.

Sticky back black foam....

This would do it, although I expect a longer search would do better and find a smaller reel lenght...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Closed-Cell-Neoprene-Foam-Strip-Self-Adhesive-Backed-Weather-Seal-Boat-Car-Et-/161326955297?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item258fd5fb21

Daniel

I don't know what it's called either. l tried draught excluder foam strip but it was too thick, then the chandlers at Braunston bottom lock knew what I wanted but had sold out of it. So I still need some too.

ETA I think the foam Daniel links to would be too thick too.

Edited by Keeping Up

I need some of this for the hopper bits of my windows. Looks like it's the 10mm Inseal at £1 per metre + VAT,(presumably plus postage). Edited by Richard10002

My Chanelglaze hoppers have a sealant strip in the lower groove, where they pivot, but the top and sides are simply cammed against the aluminium frame.

Check your other glass for a manufacturer's etched details and contact them first.

When I had to replace a hopper glass (broken by my children) it was expensive as the laminated glass was particularly thin. ie. Thicker laminated glass was cheaper.

HTH, Alan