Lost dog GU church lock

Ca Jon

Featured Posts

taz7

Hi, Im moored past grove lock next to church lock. My spaniel has been gone since about 5pm today the 10th. He is a brown and white spaniel cross and his name is Taz. If any of you see him please call me on 07446260817 or message me here..Thanks

Edited by Ca Jon

Sorry, but I don't know where either of those locks are on the GU? and I couldn't get the link to the pic to open.

We are at the top of the Hanwell flight and there was a loose dog running around this afternoon, but it looked more like a terrier breed than a spaniel. It had a pink collar on

Sorry, but I don't know where either of those locks are on the GU? and I couldn't get the link to the pic to open.

We are at the top of the Hanwell flight and there was a loose dog running around this afternoon, but it looked more like a terrier breed than a spaniel. It had a pink collar on

thanks for your reply bettie. I am about 4 miles south of leighton buzzard..ive updated the photo

Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here, but have you started doing the usual rounds: Posting on Dogs Lost, calling local vets, shelters, dogs home etc?

No need to apologise, thankyou and yes ive been busy with that

Have posted on Dogs on The Cut facebook page for you

thankyou so much

Oh no, Jon! :( I'll ask the boaters down at the Tesco moorings to keep an eye out if they go cruising or to spread word back to the forum if he's spotted.

Have you asked at the horse farm and the few houses at Church Lock? I'm thinking the pooch might have found an interesting animal smell or someone's dinner and gone off to investigate.

Oh no, Jon! sad.png I'll ask the boaters down at the Tesco moorings to keep an eye out if they go cruising or to spread word back to the forum if he's spotted.

Have you asked at the horse farm and the few houses at Church Lock? I'm thinking the pooch might have found an interesting animal smell or someone's dinner and gone off to investigate.

hi lisa, ive asked all but no sign..its so dark i guess i will have to wait for first light..im scared i will find him on a road or something

On the plus side the busy road is quite a way off from where you are. When my brother's Houdini dogs managed to escape from his boat one day, they walked all the way back to where he'd previously moored the boat (maybe 3 miles away) and sat there. My brother had been CCing and hadn't been in the previous place for long but for some reason the dogs decided to go back there. One got bored and came home and was waiting on the bow when my brother got home from work, And the other hooked up with a lady walking another dog (unusual as Archie doesn't like other dogs) and the lady took him home with her before phoning my brother's number (which was on Archie's collar). Has Taz (great name for a Springer, by the way) got your contact details on his collar?

If you dial 101 (even from a mobi) you'll get through to Bedfordshire Police. Let them know about Taz because if someone's found him and doesn't know what to do, they're quite likely to speak with the police. And let the pub owners at the Grove and in Slapton know because people outside having a ciggy might spot him.

The only other thing I could suggest is to cook a roast dinner tomorrow with all the doors and windows open. His nose might bring him home.

Hope he's okay. :hug:

On the plus side the busy road is quite a way off from where you are. When my brother's Houdini dogs managed to escape from his boat one day, they walked all the way back to where he'd previously moored the boat (maybe 3 miles away) and sat there. My brother had been CCing and hadn't been in the previous place for long but for some reason the dogs decided to go back there. One got bored and came home and was waiting on the bow when my brother got home from work, And the other hooked up with a lady walking another dog (unusual as Archie doesn't like other dogs) and the lady took him home with her before phoning my brother's number (which was on Archie's collar). Has Taz (great name for a Springer, by the way) got your contact details on his collar?

If you dial 101 (even from a mobi) you'll get through to Bedfordshire Police. Let them know about Taz because if someone's found him and doesn't know what to do, they're quite likely to speak with the police. And let the pub owners at the Grove and in Slapton know because people outside having a ciggy might spot him.

The only other thing I could suggest is to cook a roast dinner tomorrow with all the doors and windows open. His nose might bring him home.

Hope he's okay. hug.gif

Thanks, still no sign..called police wardens etc..

Hi Jon,

So sorry to hear he's missing.

There are quite a few houses up the lane, have you asked all of them? I agree the cars do rush along the B road.

Ask if you can put a notice up at Grove Lock Marina, and Grove Lock pub. I know someone in the marina - I'll ask her.

All the best!

Mary

Will keep a good eye out around Tesco and the surrounding areas

Thankyou

Hi Jon,

So sorry to hear he's missing.

There are quite a few houses up the lane, have you asked all of them? I agree the cars do rush along the B road.

Ask if you can put a notice up at Grove Lock Marina, and Grove Lock pub. I know someone in the marina - I'll ask her.

All the best!

Mary

thanks Mary

Hi, Im moored past grove lock next to church lock. My spaniel has been gone since about 5pm today the 10th. He is a brown and white spaniel cross and his name is Taz. If any of you see him please call me on 07446260817 or message me here..Thanks

Thankyou all for your help and concerns. Unfortunately Taz was found today by the side of the road ther was no visa le trauma but he was dead.