washerdryer or seperates

frygood

Featured Posts

I've already got separates for when I get back on the water, a matching pair of 5kg washer and vented dryer. As they were purchased as a pair they came with a mount to fix the dryer on top of the washer, this makes them 400mm W x 400mm D x 1300mm H. Perfect for lil ole me.

Lee.

That's really small, are you sure they are only 400 x 400mm? What make/model are they?

No contest, seperate units every time.

I've got a Hoover Washer/Dryer on the boat and the dryer part is a waste of space. I'm seriously thinking of ditching the freezer which I rarely use and getting a stand alone tumble dryer

I had a washer drier combo at one time, not my choice it came with the husband.

It neither washed or dried well and the drying load was half that of the wash load so there was always damp washing hanging about.

I tried washing only the right amount for the drier load but still couldn't wash then dry in one cycle as the clothes needed to be shaken and untangled if they were ever to dry and not look more creased than a 200 year old elephants bum!

Definitely separates. Combi washer driers as stated have useless driers that crease and fry your clothes whilst using lots of cooling water. Vented driers are great by comparison, though of course they have to be vented outside the boat.

Edited by nicknorman

We have seperates at home to with the boat we plan to buy in the near future that wont be an option. We have found a marine washer drier combi (we will be doing lumpy water boating so want on designed for the job) but it does have an eye watering price tag!

http://mielemarineusa.com/us/campaign/marine/5490_5528.htm

Cheapest we have found it is £1600....................

Hi ya NC,

My Small Candy has been fine on Lumpy !, (Obviously Ime displacement and 7 or 8 Kts) but as a washing machine (only) it's fine and half the price of the one you Linky ed to ! .

Same with my tumble dryer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9g74pxhm2wgg2pb/2014-04-12%2014.47.46.jpg?dl=0

May be worth a look at the Candy Range !

Hi ya NC,

My Small Candy has been fine on Lumpy !, (Obviously Ime displacement and 7 or 8 Kts) but as a washing machine (only) it's fine and half the price of the one you Linky ed to ! .

Same with my tumble dryer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9g74pxhm2wgg2pb/2014-04-12%2014.47.46.jpg?dl=0

May be worth a look at the Candy Range !

We are also looking at some Bosch ones which are a similar price to the Candy seperates at about £800 but in one unit.

Ive got one of those Zanussi studio line washing machines. 500 mm wide x roughly 680 mm high. Fits nicely in one of the cupboards near to the sink. Had it 16 years without a blip. However not sure how much they are now but £400 back in the day, but good value for how long its lasted and hopefully will still last

We use a Hoover Aquarius Washer/Dryer. Its an 8/5 Kg and works ok for us. Room is the thing, as in most boats.

As a washer it's fine, we don't load it with 8Kg so that it just goes straight into dry without having to remove stuff.

The dryer isn't very efficient though, taking about 3 hours on average to dry a load. Water usage isn't a problem, it's pretty good. We run ours almost every day and with showers and washing up as well we fill up our 150 gal. tank every 6 days.

Bob