Naptop Flight

IanM

Featured Posts

Just a quick one.

Are there any time restrictions or anything still on the Napton flight or have they all been cleared now?

Reason I ask is we're heading that way tomorrow and what we want to do is moor for the night in the long pound below Greens Lock (the first one below the Old Engine Arm) and walk back down to the Folly for the evening thus saving having to do the bulk of the flight first thing Saturday morning. Obviously if there is still some restrictions where the flight is locked after a certain time I imagine mooring in the flight would not be allowed.

Not amazingly important I know but it does help with the decision of whether to moor at the bottom of the flight or carry on as planned.

I didn't notice my typo until I came to catch up on the thread :)

Will give the Folly a ring in the morning.

Thanks for the advice on the locks, I didn't think there was any restrictions still but, as I said, didn't want to start up the flight and find out we couldn't stop :)

Not sure when but the damaged lock is to be repaired during the winter. Someone mentioned closure for, I think, three months.

No restrictions. Volunteer lockers were there from about eight in the morning. Add a bit of time for them. To start as they have to have a cuppa first of course. Once again, chattie people.

I like this living aboard.

Martyn

Not sure when but the damaged lock is to be repaired during the winter. Someone mentioned closure for, I think, three months.

No restrictions. Volunteer lockers were there from about eight in the morning. Add a bit of time for them. To start as they have to have a cuppa first of course. Once again, chattie people.

I like this living aboard.

Martyn

When I came through the other week there was a restriction. Only one top paddle was available for use, the other being disabled by CRT.

This made the lock take twice as long to fill as all the others and quite a bottleneck..

MtB

(Edit to add, I mean at the lock with the busted wall!)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

When I came through the other week there was a restriction. Only one top paddle was available for use, the other being disabled by CRT.

This made the lock take twice as long to fill as all the others and quite a bottleneck..

MtB

(Edit to add, I mean at the lock with the busted wall!)

No restrictions at all, we moored all afternoon above bottom lock due to heavy rain, then moved up a few locks early evening, will do the rest in the morning. One BOTTOM paddle removed from the broken lock, apparently to prevent further erosion of the offside bank.

I really don't like the Folly, it always feels like a restaurant rather than a pub, and I feel out of place having just a drink...is it just me???

..........Dave