NBTA London Legal Rights Meeting

NBTA London

Featured Posts

I have to say, I have more respect for NBTA than I do for you. I give them credit for actually doing, something. Where as you just spout as a keyboard warrior, in my oopinion.

Quite a lot of what you spout is rubbish as well, which is possibly why some of the "debates" on here are carp.

Typical response from you. You add nothing to this forum Jenlyn other than argumentiive and snide rubbish.

Try reading Dave's posts they make a lot more sense than the rubbish you occasionally add.

Edited by Grace & Favour
Edited inappropriate language

Typical response from you. You add nothing to this forum Jenlyn other than argumentiive and snide rubbish.

Try reading Dave's posts they make a lot more sense than the rubbish you occasionally add.

:-) ;-) pot kettle black

Edited by Grace & Favour
Edited inappropriate language in quote
  • Greenie 3

Thankyou :-)

It wasn't a compliment, it was made on the basis of fact.

If you look at your posts you actually add very little here and help no one. All you seem to do is tag on other people's posts with silly and snide comments. You help no one other than inflating your ego.

If you look at your posts you actually add very little here and help no one. All you seem to do is tag on other people's posts with silly and snide comments. You help no one other than inflating your ego.

Again. Thankyou:-)

Actually, Nick Brown didn't lose his case. He was advised to withdraw it because it would have been of little relevance to continue with a judicial review of the guidance without a specific context in which it was being applied. As it was, the Judge's comments on the case were far from what CaRT wanted to hear.

Nick Brown DID lose his case, he then applied for a JR , which was allowed one point , which he withdrew at the last minute.

Don't come on here spouting crap, some on here know what the NBTA is about, and it ISN'T BOATING.

• Greenie 3

Nick Brown DID lose his case, he then applied for a JR , which was allowed one point , which he withdrew at the last minute.

Don't come on here spouting crap, some on here know what the NBTA is about, and it ISN'T BOATING.

However it would seem that the ACC respect their position, given Jenlyn's posts.

Curious.

However it would seem that the ACC respect their position, given Jenlyn's posts.

Curious.

One rule I always stick to, I don't drink and use the Internet at the same time. You should make it yours as well :-)

I have respect for anyone, or any associations that stand and act on their beliefs. Sadly, the likes of you and mayall tend to be keyboard warriors. Sitting on here, day in, day out, spouting from your armchairs.

No real interest in what's going on, just spouting on here because no one else listens to you.

Edited by jenlyn

One rule I always stick to, I don't drink and use the Internet at the same time. You should make it yours as well :-)

Anything useful to add Jenlyn, yet, other than your typical snide comments with little substance, any time soon would be good......

Curious.

it doesn't, Jenlyn on here gives his own opinion,and he has clearly questioned NBTA on here.

However, yes, he does think NBTA do more than MayallD the keyboard warrior..

it doesn't, Jenlyn on here gives his own opinion,and he has clearly questioned NBTA on here.

However, yes, he does think NBTA do more than MayallD the keyboard warrior..

As I read posts on here the NBTA couldn't represent any boater in dispute with the Trust, as in meaningfully represent them, has something suddenly changed?

Anything useful to add Jenlyn, yet, other than your typical snide comments with little substance, any time soon would be good......

You have spent all evening, attempting to kick something off on here. Pretty pathetic really. Goodnight :-)

So do I and it's wrong to assume they don't know anything about the law, that couldn't be further from the truth.

They do, and are slowly learning, however, citing human rights and EU legislation when the alternative is moving a boat a couple of miles is rather a ridiculous stance,

One of the reasons Nick Brown was eventually cold shouldered by the London Boaters was his inability to countenance WORKING with the (then) BW authorities, his aim was to seek a judicial review, the eventual result was a far more satisfying withdrawal due to overwhelming evidence and London Boaters wanting ti work with BW/CRT to move forward

You have spent all evening, attempting to kick something off on here. Pretty pathetic really. Goodnight :-)

Have I?

So it's marked up as wanting to kick something off if we don't agree with your take on things now is it?

Perhaps we should await your incisive contribution in the morning. I won't hold my breath though.

Ed..... And what is it with your silly selective quote that now makes up your signature? Your last one regarding CarlT was silly given you will have known how much aggro that caused.

It just confirms you are not realy here to contribute but rather just needle and annoy.

Edited by The Dog House

They do, and are slowly learning, however, citing human rights and EU legislation when the alternative is moving a boat a couple of miles is rather a ridiculous stance,

One of the reasons Nick Brown was eventually cold shouldered by the London Boaters was his inability to countenance WORKING with the (then) BW authorities, his aim was to seek a judicial review, the eventual result was a far more satisfying withdrawal due to overwhelming evidence and London Boaters wanting ti work with BW/CRT to move forward

Things have changed. NBTA is not solely Nick Brown. They have members who are in the legal profession. I'd also say, don't assume that they advise boaters to break the law, that's really not the case.

I've really changed my opinion too and I know I'm not alone in that.

Edited by Lady Muck

JENLYN:

I seldom agree with Dave and I think his debating style is often smug, condescending and suffering from tunnel vision. With that being said, your new signature says a lot more about you than it does about him. Taking that quote out of context the way you have really reeks of desperation, and outright intellectual dishonesty.

The funny part is, if you feel you are going to get a rise out of Dave with it, I think you have misjudged him. I doubt he would stoop to that level.

Aren't you one of the people who is trying to get ACC off the ground? Publicly demeaning yourself this way really detracts from the credibility of what you are trying to do with ACC.

• Greenie 4

Things have changed. NBTA is not solely Nick Brown. They have members who are in the legal profession. I'd also say, don't assume that they advise boaters to break the law, that's really not the case.

I've really changed my opinion too and I know I'm not alone in that.

First off - the NBTA are advertising an event, and as a moderator you perhaps should have picked up on that because events require moderator approval. I've no particular reason to suppose it wouldn't have been granted but what is the point of an events protocol on the board if it's going to get ignored and nothing be done about it.

Second, having the legal profession on board doesn't really prove anything, the legal profession, like all groups, is a cross section of attitudes within society, and that includes an attitude amongst some that law says what they want it to say, the legal profession is quite within it's remit to give advice and support to those with an agenda that does not sit comfortably with others, and thus having lawyers on board doesn't mean we should respect the agenda any more or any less for that.

To give a non-waterway example - I have recently had a solicitor claim that closing a street in town on a sunday for a market is discrimination under the Human Rights Act and the ECHR, on the basis that it is discrimination against residents of that street on the sole basis that they are residents of that street. The same solicitor has claimed that it is unlawful to use powers under the market charter, even though we haven't tried to use them. Not all solicitors are as articulate, erudite or reasonable as Nigel Moore.

If there has been a change in the NBTA's basic stance (which appears to be that the cruising element of continuous cruising is unnecessary) then this would be a good forum to promote such a change or correct any misapprehensions. Instead what we get is a thread advertising an event to tell people what their rights are, with no mention within it of what people's responsibilities are. If I am labouring under a misapprehension, the NBTA have done nothing to clear it up with this thread.

It's just a load of southener's (mainly) trying to assert what they think is a loophole in the regulations that gives them "rights" so they can live somewhere expensive on the cheap. Same as the "I move a mile every 2 weeks because of my children/job/commitments" or whatever.

Until some rules are defined it'll all go round in circles and while some sense is spoken (like MP) the most of the rest is a pointless name calling, it's pretty sad really.

And on that happy note I'm off.

K

Curious.

I learnt quite a long time ago to seperate people's opinions on here from any Association they might belong to and I spend far less time on here than you do so maybe it is time you learnt to respect the fact that people can be part of an association and come on here and post in their own right.

As far NBTA are concerned I certainly do not agree with a lot that they do but the most important thing to remember is they represent their members and no one else. I also think their opinion is as valid as anyone else's and I personally would far rather hear there legal advise than some on here who spout the same old stuff.

I know for a fact that they have helped many boaters who have wrongly found themselves under enforcement like many associations it is what does not come into the public domain that really matters to members. They like ACC have helped boaters with such important matters as Health issues trying to get registered with a Doctor when you are classed as homeless, helping boaters with benefit claims etc.

Oh the above post is my opinion and not the opinion of the Associations I belong to

I learnt quite a long time ago to seperate people's opinions on here from any Association they might belong to and I spend far less time on here than you do so maybe it is time you learnt to respect the fact that people can be part of an association and come on here and post in their own right.

As far NBTA are concerned I certainly do not agree with a lot that they do but the most important thing to remember is they represent their members and no one else. I also think their opinion is as valid as anyone else's and I personally would far rather hear there legal advise than some on here who spout the same old stuff.

I know for a fact that they have helped many boaters who have wrongly found themselves under enforcement like many associations it is what does not come into the public domain that really matters to members. They like ACC have helped boaters with such important matters as Health issues trying to get registered with a Doctor when you are classed as homeless, helping boaters with benefit claims etc.

Oh the above post is my opinion and not the opinion of the Associations I belong to

As I have said before it's one thing to express an opinion as a member of an organisation and quite another to express it when you hold some sort of 'office' or position within an organisation. That is the issue. Not that he would but Richard Parry for example wouldn't be able to come on here and express a personal view without every body immediately assuming it was the official position of CRT, that is unless he made it expressly clear it wasn't.

It's simply human nature.