Fishing from my boat

redfastlad

Featured Posts

Alan,

You seem to have a policeman like attitude to my posting, I am not crossing swords with you as I need to make people aware of what is happening on our rivers .Next time I post on here I will make sure I have my Readers Digest condensed book of English Law, which it appears you are well versed in!!! Alan life is too short for scoring points, but if this is what gets you off go ahead.

I think fishing on rivers is covered by different rules, as laid down by the EA!

redfastlad, on 02 Oct 2014 - 5:10 PM, said:

Alan,

You seem to have a policeman like attitude to my posting, I am not crossing swords with you as I need to make people aware of what is happening on our rivers .Next time I post on here I will make sure I have my Readers Digest condensed book of English Law, which it appears you are well versed in!!! Alan life is too short for scoring points, but if this is what gets you off go ahead.

Not trying to score 'points' at all - just trying to ensure that your incorrect statements do not become a basis for 'internet fact'.

A very wise man once said to me :

"Always know all you say, but, never say all you know", I have found it a good motto.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I asked this in the previous thread and it was closed soI hope I don't get it closed again. I did ask why the thread had been closed and got no reply. Yes I know mods don't have to explain themselves but I am still wondering why that thread was closed when threads with title like Bugger! and masses of backward and forward sniping are allowed.

Anyway rant over. Why should boaters be allowed to fish from their boat anywhere they want? I can't see the logic.

If all boaters were allowed to fish from their boats anywhere they wanted, how long before those who "fish for the pot" attach trawl nets to their boats?

Not trying to score 'points' at all - just trying to ensure that your incorrect statements do not become a basis for 'internet fact'.

A very wise man once said to me :

"Always know all you say, but, never say all you know", I have found it a good motto.

Alan,

My incorrect statements are????

I have quoted facts from Newark Piscatorials web pages and emails I have received from CRT why should I lie ??? you do seem to have carried out a limited research on this particular subject before firing off what I can only describe as miss leading comments . As I stated before we boaters are being subjected to extra costs for which we cannot budget thanks to CRT and their money grabbing business transactions with these fishing clubs. As a pensioner I have to live on a limited income which I manage weekly , monthly etc this includes my boating costs ie where we travel to and where we can afford to stay and for how long, maybe you do not have these restrictions and that is why I ask if OAP,s get a discount. I try to enjoy my time on the river Trent but when we encounter problems after travelling for 3/4 days to get to Newark I feel it is only fair to warn other retired and OAP,s of the problems if they want to fish ,Alan if slagging me off and trying to belittle me is what this room is about I will find another forum to express my opinions and leave you to your little world of " I am right and you are wrong"

If you are that keen to fish then why not become a member of your favourite club? I've just checked Birmingham anglers association and the annual membership cost is just £35. Pretty cheap in this day and age. I know if I liked the odd fishing trip I'd happily pay up.

Dave

They have got miles of fishing and nail their signs to any piece of wood they can find including sculptures on the B&F

If all boaters were allowed to fish from their boats anywhere they wanted, how long before those who "fish for the pot" attach trawl nets to their boats?

Nets get snagged, it is much easier to connect some jumpleads to your domestic bank, and trail those behind your boat. Edited by luctor et emergo

Anyway rant over. Why should boaters be allowed to fish from their boat anywhere they want? I can't see the logic.

I also don't understand the reluctance of visiting anglers to support the local club that pays for the fishing rights and tends the swims by buying a day ticket.

Angling clubs pay for the right to fish specific lengths of waterways and they get no contribution from visiting boaters fishing their waters other than day ticket revenue.

If I use a National Trust car park I put money in the honesty box even though I've paid my road tax.