Pinball bizzard.

bizzard

Featured Posts

Having just read the thread about the unusual roof vents, I was suddenly struck with an idea, an idea which would help any bored folk to pass the time of day. The idea is the game of Pinball. BRPBB.

Here's how.

On the roof. First of all you would need a boat with the solid type of handrails and not the tubing type or you'll keep losing overboard all yer balls, with plenty of roof protrubrances sticking up like vents, chimneys and stuff for the balls to whizz about and ricochet off.

So all you would need to play BRPBB, (boat roof pinball bizzard) is to make a little trigger mechanism. A large shed door sliding bolt with a spring fixed in it would be ideal, its action would be like working a rifle bolt. Weld this trigger strategically wherever you like. A handful of ball bearings from busted up old ball races can be got from a garage.

If you have mushroom vents remove one and the hole left can be a goal ''a win''when a ball plops down it. A bucket or someone with wide open mouth sitting inside beneath the hole can be positioned to catch them.

Rain water drain gaps in the side handrails will be a nuisance so I'd block em up to save keep losing your balls overboard, or keep a magnet handy.

Endless, happy and exhorbing hours of fun should be had with this game as you can place all manner of different obstacles in different positions and angles, even weld extra bits of old scrap metal higgle-de-piggle-de all over the roof giving your balls different and more interesting routes to follow as they hit and bounce off things and making it easier or harder to score goals down the vent hole. Lots of strategic placing of obstacles, experimentation with ball inertia, weight of balls, inclines and how hard you ping the ball with the trigger, all sorts of permutations to experiment with. It could even become and Olympic sport. well they play bows and arrows and guns so why not BRPBB.

• Greenie 4

Dear Mr Bizzard,

That is such a cool idea.

i have mushroom vents and solid handrails.

I will plan out a maze to perplex and mistily the ole foggies who have boats moored near mine then I'll challenge them.

Actually have never seen them so they may not be old foggies but bet I will if i start playing pinball on roof of my narrowboat...heh may even make some friends.

It could become social event. Sure Marina owners would approve.

Thanks for another brilliant idea

Patty-ann

Brilliant idea. In fact the person with the amazing looking roof vents could branch out into roof crazy golf too

Trouble is I've now got the tune to Pinball Bizzard stuck in my head.

Well, at least it's replaced Einstein A Go Go which was subliminally placed in my head by someone on Facebook earlier

Dear Mr Bizzard,

That is such a cool idea.

i have mushroom vents and solid handrails.

I will plan out a maze to perplex and mistily the ole foggies who have boats moored near mine then I'll challenge them.

Actually have never seen them so they may not be old foggies but bet I will if i start playing pinball on roof of my narrowboat...heh may even make some friends.

It could become social event. Sure Marina owners would approve.

Thanks for another brilliant idea

Patty-ann

My pleasure, thank you. I'm sure you'll have endless fun playing BRPBB with your neighbours.

You would need a calibrated inclinometer to trigger a tilting board warning as on amusement park machines, should anyone cheat by rocking the boat.

Well I've been in consultation with all the big names in cross channel ferry and cruise ship companies about the fitting of full sized snooker tables . These tables will float about on their bathing pools with amputated legs so should keep nice and level. Players will be shown how to play shots whilst treading water and without leaning on it. Much more fun than playing ping-pong, deck quoits and shooting seagulls. I did at first think of suspending the tables in Jimbles in the dining room so everyone kept nice and dry but that would be a bit boring. I don't hold out much hope with these companies though, they said to me, don't ring us, we'll ring you. I'm still waiting, its been 17 years now. sad.png

Bally good. Have a greeno.

Ta.

Brilliant idea. In fact the person with the amazing looking roof vents could branch out into roof crazy golf too

Well, at least it's replaced Einstein A Go Go which was subliminally placed in my head by someone on Facebook earlier

You can easily get rid of the tune out of your head by tilting your head onto its left side and shakin it about and all the ball bearings should come tumbling out of your left ear. closedeyes.gif

I played tennis on top deck of cruise liner once...didnt last long as hit all balls over the edge and ball boy refused to fetch them.

The cruise ship I went on in the Black sea, a Rumanian vessel called MV Transylvania never had a pool, it wasn't big enough, well there was a bit of a puddle on the poop deck, in fact you could have floated the ship in a park paddling pool. We had to get by with games like tiddly-winks, off ground touch, blind mans buff, walking the plank and keel hauling each other.. Mind you the price reflected what we were in for at £80 first class inclusive of shore excursions and flights out and back from Gatwick. We enjoyed it immensely.

Darn you BSP!!!!! you've passed it on to me now!!!! at least I missed out on Einstein a go go, that's one consolation