Cambridge to London advice needed

Featured Posts

I have a dutch barge with a 12 foot beam. I'd like to move from Cambridge to London... is there a way I can do this on the water with a boat this size, or will I have to take her out and put her on a lorry?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

It's a lovely dutch barge and it probably came in by sea through Kong's Lynn and Denver. You can't get through by canal because of the narrow Northampton arm, and your wheelhouse is too high for bridges on the GU.

In fact, as I think it's not a folding wheelhouse, have you checked in London about air draft etc.?

And do you have a mooring in London to go to?

What's that got to do with you? Have you got a mooring?

The man is asking a question about moving a boat. How do even you know he intends to moor long term?

You shouldn't make assumptions about people you don't know.

For all you know he may not be intending to stay in London long term and might be moving the boat up the Thames.

Edited by blackrose

The man is asking a question about moving a boat. How do even you know he intends to moor long term?

For all you know he may not be intending to stay in London long term and might be moving the boat up the Thames.

I think, possibly, it might have been an attempt to say what the real situation is in London. There is a lot of misinformation, according to people who are there and who see people going to London, about what the situation is like- phrases like "yeah, I'm going to take the boat and CC around Hackney and Islington." Several forum members do their best to dispel these myths and allow people to make decisions based on facts not rumour.

Another addition to my Ignore list!!

You seem to take delight in being objectionable.

Edited by Graham Davis

There seems just as much assumption in your post. For all you know he maybe have been going to reply with "well in that case check the dimensions to make sure you can get through to your mooring".

So Blackrose, (in your own words) don't make assumptions about people you don't know.