The "Book"

adrk

Featured Posts

We met an unnecessarily stressed couple at the Stair-case lock at Bunbury recently.

He was highly agitated because in his absence a preceding barge had innocently commenced going down "singly" in a double lock. He seemed to expect him to reverse the lock, ie fill it up again and let him in.

Threats of "reporting" were heard.

When I was going up I was pleasantly surprised to meet him coming the other way at the mid point.

I had thought there no reason 2 boats could not pass in a staircase but suspected it was not allowed as I had never seen it done. I said as much and the response was along the lines of.. It says you can in the "book".

He seemed to know everything and be a firm believer in this "book".

However I have read the books we have onboard and googled t'internet to no avail.

What is this master book he might have been referring to as clearly many of us need to read it.

I hope he went on to have a pleasant day, he certainly provided some amusement for many of us there.

The locks at Bunbury were the first we ever did in a narrowboat and it amazed me that boats going up and down were together- fortunately we didnt have "The Book"- but a very nice man from Anglo Welsh to guide us instead

They should put a sign up explaining that boats can pass in the lock, and that 3 boats can use it at once - I've seen many occasions where time and water is wasted because some boaters just don't realise this, and wait to use the lock "on their own".

They should put a sign up explaining that boats can pass in the lock, and that 3 boats can use it at once.

I think it was 5 boats when I first went through - two 60 footers going one way and 3 35 footers going the other way. When the middle gates opened it was like one of those puzzles where you have to push individual square tiles around to make up a picture!

I think it was 5 boats when I first went through - two 60 footers going one way and 3 35 footers going the other way. When the middle gates opened it was like one of those puzzles where you have to push individual square tiles around to make up a picture!

I've had 9 boats in it - a 70 footer, 45ft, 35 ft and 6 kayaks.

OK now I know i am gullible but how much of this thread is believable?...guess won't get 100 percent accurate answer and as I never know who to believe.....????

Well I definitely believe Felshampo in the 15 plus the titanic post icecream.gif