vintage and classic narrowboats

Featured Posts

i think we all need to get out more. I would like to thank you all for your comments if anyone is still talking to me can you please send me pictures of your boats i would like to make a big gallery

thank you

Adam

Do what I did .... get out and walk the towpaths ..... take as many photos as you can .... go to events snd do the same there. You'll build up a good collection that way ..... much more satisfying than googling ......

All this pompous outrage will be from people who have never taped a record, copied a CD or downloaded a movie from the Internet?

Or send copies of pictures to their friends on Facebook? Or copied images of engines from ebay?

Pathetic.

• Greenie 3

All this pompous outrage will be from people who have never taped a record, copied a CD or downloaded a movie from the Internet?

Or send copies of pictures to their friends on Facebook? Or copied images of engines from ebay?

Pathetic.

No, my particular "pompous outrage" is because people who have wonderful, interesting, important photographs are more and more often not posting them online, because they get stolen and used without permission- which means I can't see them.

Can't say I've ever done any of the things you mention, by the way.

Pathetic.

Most, if not all, the images of engines on ebay have links back to the listing which is not stealing, it is promoting..

And no I've never copied a record that I did not own or a CD or a film.

Pathetic.

With respect Emma, this is not the same thing.

There's a difference between what you describe and stealing someone's images without their permission and displaying them to the general public as your own work.

That's not only illegal, it's disrespectful to the owner of the images. On the original website the pictures concerned are clearly credited to the photographer who took them. If you decide to hijack someone's photos the very least you should do is make it clear they are not your property and give credit to whoever created the work.

It's not pompous outrage to point this out, especially if the perpetrator is completely ignorant of the law.

Pathetic.

Wrong..Very wrong ....I have a lot of pictures out there somewhere, people are free to view or use. I am very proud of some of my photographs and to have some one, in effect, steal them by claiming them as their own would both upset and anger me.

That's not only illegal, it's disrespectful to the owner of the images. On the original website the pictures concerned are clearly credited to the photographer who took them. If you decide to hijack someone's photos the very least you should do is make it clear they are not your property and give credit to whoever created the work.

No "the very least you should do" is not do it at all!

If you have not sought and received permission to use the image, you should not use it.

However I agree that using terms like "my collection" does try and give an air that they were your own images in the first place.

Still at least we have given Emma another outlet to be outraged about us being outraged, so somebody is happy! :lol:

How do you know this or are you just making assumptions?

For the record I have no need to copy records or movies that I don't own as I pay for legal streaming services.

I do copy CDs and DVDs that I do own, for my own use, but I don't produce a compilation of them and then release them to the public with the implication that they are my own work.

Do you see the difference?

I love the way people on here get on their high horse please loads more comments

It's a discussion forum and we are discussing a topic that you started.

Just because we disagree with your actions doesn't put us on a "high horse", it puts us on an average sized one.

Perhaps it is you sitting on a Shetland Pony that makes everyone appear higher up...

Not one of you are discussing the boats that was the topic

If you knew your boats you would know that several in your plagiarised compilation are owned by forum members here.

What would you like to discuss about them? I note you aren't doing any discussing either, just sitting back and taking amusement from the backlash.

If you knew your boats you would know that several in your plagiarised compilation are owned by forum members here.

What would you like to discuss about them? I note you aren't doing any discussing either, just sitting back and taking amusement from the backlash.

I do not know my boats, i was showing boats that i like i was hoping people on here would show me boats that they like.