BCN Challenge map, text details & updates thread

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

On iPhone I get the mobile version of the site and I don't think you can update location from that. Simplest is yo just use a PC for it, but if you get get the phone to work with the full site it might work.

I don't know if we are being unlucky, but this is taking so long to load the map on the "Barlow's" apparently otherwise OK wi-fi, that I'm seriously doubting it is going to work on the slow connection on the boat.

Might I be doing something wrong?

Possibly... No one else has mentioned slow loading, and it is fine on my dongle.

Forget that, seems to be faster on the boat than on the "Barlow's" Wi-Fi.

Judging by the map, there's going to be a right scrum at Gas Street basin on Saturday morning...

...and thanks again for giving me a re-spray. I have an aversion to brown after being traumatised by this sort of thing in my youth:

$(KGrHqNHJ!8FHTkU0zfoBR5+87voPw~~60_35.J

why? Why? WHY?

I shall now be humming old Robert Smith tunes instead. biggrin.png

Oi Cat that Walks! Why have you pushed me into the field at the end? I KNOW I am moored opposite you!

Harrumph.

That wasn't me, you were already there before Starry added me, honest. I suspect because you located yourselves by postcode whereas I clicked on the map. Please don't beat me!

Hi All, I worked out hopefully all the required addresses needed to make your location on the map correct, (Unlike team red Wharf who are currently in Birmingham Alabama smile.png )

Anyhow download a PDF from this link http://1drv.ms/SnDbXD and type the addresses when moving pins as per the 3 column's.

If you can print it out you will have a handy copy to use, if you want I will print a dozen and leave them in the toilets at farmers bridge top lock?

Let me know if you want me to do this I will be there by about noon tomorrow.

I have also included a picture so they are here.

Any problems holler and the input works fine for me on an ipad.

ADDRESS FOR PLANNER

Edited by Kustomcut

That wasn't me, you were already there before Starry added me, honest. I suspect because you located yourselves by postcode whereas I clicked on the map. Please don't beat me!

Ah. On an ipad I don't seem to have the option of clicking on the map. Anyone else tried?

I will dig out the laptop if it will dig me out of the field. Poppy is sluggish enough on water - mud and grass will ruin the blacking and we'll never make it away...

When I first looked at the map the icon for team Beau was a wee sunflower. It has now reverted to a tag like all other boats.

Is it possible to set boat icons as well as/instead of pictures that you see once you click on em? Good for quick glances on slow connections.

It WORKS! Stop breaking it! biggrin.png

I have had the most unproductive working day ever today, which nearly involved me submitting copy for a print magazine saying "when another dog owner is pissing" as opposed to "when another dog owner is passing."

Check BCN thread, check BCN Twitter, check map... Work for 20 minutes... Rinse and repeat.

Add five mugs of coffee to the mix, and I am now seeing leprechauns riding BCN pins on a map of Westeros.

/confuse your memes.

Edited by Starcoaster

When I first looked at the map the icon for team Beau was a wee sunflower. It has now reverted to a tag like all other boats.

Is it possible to set boat icons as well as/instead of pictures that you see once you click on em? Good for quick glances on slow connections.

I was a sunflower? How? I want to be a sunflower again!

We are now in the correct position! I would appreciate a copy of the postcodes, I can nip round tomorrow. Many thanks, Libby

I will be by the nia about 10am lemme knowwhere n when I then have to off out to my start point