manual pumpout toilet

dockgateman

Featured Posts

can anyone tell me the most reliable manual or electrical system you can buy to pump out toilet on NB, and I don't mean go into a marina or C & RT service stations a long the canals,

I have seen a boater pumping out toilet using a bellows type pump and wonder if you can buy these pumps or other system on the market.

can anyone tell me the most reliable manual or electrical system you can buy to pump out toilet on NB, and I don't mean go into a marina or C & RT service stations a long the canals,

I have seen a boater pumping out toilet using a bellows type pump and wonder if you can buy these pumps or other system on the market.

Google I'd your friend...try Leesan.

The popcorn is free

you need a whale diaphragm pump I got mine from puffer parts at keighly about £100 with some pipe

I did pipe work with banjo clip connectors so it breaks down into 3 parts I pump into 2 x 5 gallon containers and think that it has saved me a lot of money especially when one marina is asking £25 for a pump out ouch.

Edited by b0atman

I have to ask the question that others may possibly be thinking:

Purely as a casual matter of interest you understand: "Where do you hope to pump out the toilet if not in a Marina or CRT stations?"

I have to ask the question that others may possibly be thinking:

Purely as a casual matter of interest you understand: "Where do you hope to pump out the toilet if not in a Marina or CRT stations?"

yes I intend to pump the waste into 5 gallon containers then empty them down the elsan at the marina my boat is moored in 'the marina has no pump-out' I have just seen the pics of some idiot pump straight into a elsan

which I have no intensions of doing, other marina near-by charge between £18 to £25 a pump-out am just trying to invest and save money on pump-outs

yes I intend to pump the waste into 5 gallon containers then empty them down the elsan at the marina my boat is moored in 'the marina has no pump-out' I have just seen the pics of some idiot pump straight into a elsan

which I have no intensions of doing, other marina near-by charge between £18 to £25 a pump-out am just trying to invest and save money on pump-outs

Some Elsan disposal points are quite capable of excepting a pump out, so he may not be such an idiot.

screw your pump onto a bit of ply large enough to stand on, make up a new cranked lever for the pump so you can use it standing upright

that way you can see and control what you are doing

Edited by John V

Some Elsan disposal points are quite capable of excepting a pump out, so he may not be such an idiot.

Which ones?

Do they have a sign that says...

'This Elsan accepts the huge quantity of poo that a Self pump out can deposit'

Isn't it best to assume none can?

Which ones?

Do they have a sign that says...

'This Elsan accepts the huge quantity of poo that a Self pump out can deposit'

Isn't it best to assume none can?

They have a sign which says "Suitable for self pumpout".

Occasionally you see a sign saying "Not suitable for self pumpout".

It would be very useful if every Elsan point had one or the other sign fitted.

Instead, BW/CRT seem to think it more important to erect ridiculous signs saying "Welcome to xxxx sanitary station".

George ex nb Alton retired

Edited by furnessvale

They have a sign which says "Suitable for self pumpout".

Occasionally you see a sign saying "Not suitable for self pumpout".

It would be very useful if every Elsan point had one or the other sign fitted.

Never seen one saying suitable, but seen a good few that say not suitable.

Where abouts are the suitable ones?

Never seen one saying suitable, but seen a good few that say not suitable.

Where abouts are the suitable ones?

Off hand I couldn't really name them but I have seen them.

Of course one could say that any NOT deemed unsuitable are by default suitable. CRT can solve the problem by erecting a notice at every sanitary station which is actually useful.

I think, but I may be mistaken, that I have seen an "unsuitable" notice at a location where there is a self service pay machine. As the normal reason given for banning self pumpout is the lack of a mains sewer connection, it would be interesting to know what the reason is for the ban, other than maximising revenue of course.

Off hand I couldn't really name them but I have seen them.

Of course one could say that any NOT deemed unsuitable are by default suitable. CRT can solve the problem by erecting a notice at every sanitary station which is actually useful.

I think, but I may be mistaken, that I have seen an "unsuitable" notice at a location where there is a self service pay machine. As the normal reason given for banning self pumpout is the lack of a mains sewer connection, it would be interesting to know what the reason is for the ban, other than maximising revenue of course.

Or people could just pump out using a paid facility........

But some people would rather inflict their poo tank contents on others....for free of course...

Or people could just pump out using a paid facility........

But some people would rather inflict their poo tank contents on others....for free of course...

There are one or two places, rare I must admit , where the only option is to use a self pump out into a sewer/elsan point with the owners permission

There are one or two places, rare I must admit , where the only option is to use a self pump out into a sewer/elsan point with the owners permission

Where....

Anyway same thing in my book unless a way of contacting the owner is included...

Edited by The Dog House

And this is different to careless cassette users because...

Richard

Where....

Anyway same thing in my book unless a way of contacting the owner is included...

you are now being argumentative for the sake of it and rudely so.

...I have been in several small yards that do not have pumpout facilities. One had road access to near the boat and in that yard I had a tanker come and empty the tank for me(approx 160 gallons). in the other two yards I had to pump out myself one into an elsan point and the other into a manhole both occasions with the yard owners full knowledge and permission..

.... in the other two yards I had to pump out myself one into an elsan point and the other into a manhole both occasions with the yard owners full knowledge and permission..

Not with a 2" pipe hopefully. or

Why - was the tank full ?

Sorry just couldn't resist