In need of help

mervyn1234

Featured Posts

Hi

First just want to say hi new to this site Iam looking forward to getting to know you all, I wonder if anyone could help me my boat is moored in Chorley we would like to go down the Wigan Flight we have done them before however Iam finding them really hard now so we are looking for someone to help us.

We are thinking we would like to go in early may we are happy to pay for your time and hard work and we will of course keep you going with tea and bacon butties.

Regards Jill

I'm glad someone'son my wavelength Fizz, early May is anywhere from end of April to May 15th in my book. Were I working up there at the time, would be happy to spend half a day , however, am not going to bring a tent and wait for someone to perhaps come down...they may decide to go the other way...

How come everything on here ends up in a pointless debate!

Jill, I live in Yorkshire but me and the misses are willing to help if no one closer, it would be a pleasure, no payment needed but the butties do sound a good bribe , I am available from May 1st to the 7th, if that helps you, the misses needs more notice

all the best Dave

email - email addy removed

I don't see a 'pointless debate' just suggestions the OP needs to be a bit clearer which they now have been.

I would ask why are people so ready to be unnecessarily critical of this forum and it's members it's getting bloody tiresome to be frank.

Oh and you might want to disguise your email addy before the spam bots grab it.......

Edited by The Dog House

I don't see a 'pointless debate' just suggestions the OP needs to be a bit clearer which they now have been.

I would ask why are people so ready to be unnecessarily critical of this forum and it's members it's getting bloody tiresome to be frank.

Oh and you might want to disguise your email addy before the spam bots grab it.......

DH Have you got some beef with me, you seem to dig into every post I make, or is it not just me, if I have upset you in any way, please take this as me apologising to you for it, Lighten up a little and make friends, start with me mate

Thank you for your advice on the email thing, I do tend to filter them but a reminder is good, thank you

DH Have you got some beef with me, you seem to dig into every post I make, or is it not just me, if I have upset you in any way, please take this as me apologising to you for it, Lighten up a little and make friends, start with me mate

Thank you for your advice on the email thing, I do tend to filter them but a reminder is good, thank you

Not at all, I think you would know coming from the north too I would happily be quite straight with you if I had. It is simply a few posters of late have made similar unjustifiable comments.

Ps I do have many friends BTW

Pps well done for offering to help.

Thanks for all your replies I am sorry about not being clear about the dates we would like to down on Sunday 4th of may if possible.

That's the Sunday of the bank holiday weekend, the Monday is Mayday, you may find it's busier that you think that weekend meanwhile I've made a note and will get back to you nearer the time.

K

That's the Sunday of the bank holiday weekend, the Monday is Mayday, you may find it's busier that you think that weekend meanwhile I've made a note and will get back to you nearer the time.

K

Your closer mate, if ya can do it, if not I'm still available

• 1 month later...

How come everything on here ends up in a pointless debate!

Jill, I live in Yorkshire but me and the misses are willing to help if no one closer, it would be a pleasure, no payment needed but the butties do sound a good bribe , I am available from May 1st to the 7th, if that helps you, the misses needs more notice

all the best Dave

email - david_marshall@btopenworld.com

Nice one that's a lovely kind offer, but then you are a northern say no more :) from a yorkshire person :)

aaarrr been called up for jury service from 28th April, but still available for Sunday 4th May, after that it would have to be May 11th to 13th.

Quite looking forward to my jury service though, hope ya up for something Martin! go on lad! make my day. Only joking I would be lenient, do you like Australia? judge.gif

mervyn1234.

Are you sorted for assistance with the flight? I will be taking my boat down around the same time, perhaps we can share the locks and locking..

PM me if interested.

Trento (Riley Green Marina)

Edited by Trento