Sight glass adhesive tape

by'eck

Featured Posts

Not sure if this exists but looking for adhesive tape with the diagonal black stripes on yellow background, about 2" wide, as used to highlight sight glass levels, specifically my gravity feed day fuel tank.

Why not use the correct item for the job?

http://www.heritagesteamsupplies.co.uk/Z-Heritage-Steam-Supplies/Water-Level-Gauges-&-Spares/p-297-201

Whatever you do, DON'T look as anything else on that site. Or you'll be browsing there all day!

MtB

An amazing site - but what eye watering prices. I've been looking for brass domed whitworth nuts for ages and there they are.

Hmm do I really need more to polish when each nut is nearly two quid?

And I've just noticed a little brass tap to drain the water from the engine at a cool £180. I picked one up at a steam fair for less than a fiver!

Edited by koukouvagia

You didn't follow my advice, did you Jim?!

How many nuts do you need then? £2 each for such an esoteric item strikes me as pretty cheap. I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd been a fiver each.

MtB

Trouble is, once I start, I shan't be able to stop. There are dozens. Everything from rocker box covers to core plug plates.

Why not use the correct item for the job?

http://www.heritagesteamsupplies.co.uk/Z-Heritage-Steam-Supplies/Water-Level-Gauges-&-Spares/p-297-201

Whatever you do, DON'T look as anything else on that site. Or you'll be browsing there all day!

Yes, they know how to price don't they! But the service and products are at least usually spot on. £3 an inch!!

Daniel

You should get brass dome nuts for about 50p each, retail. Less in bulk trade price.

Eye watering prices on that website, about 3 times normal. I need to lay down in a dark room.

I can only find metric ones at these prices. I'm after whitworth brass domed nuts. Do you have a link?

An amazing site - but what eye watering prices. I've been looking for brass domed whitworth nuts for ages and there they are.

Hmm do I really need more to polish when each nut is nearly two quid?

And I've just noticed a little brass tap to drain the water from the engine at a cool £180. I picked one up at a steam fair for less than a fiver!

This link might produce something. http://www.stationaryengineparts.com/Lister-D-Brass-Dome-Nut-Set-Of-Three.html