Is nowhere safe

scrunch

Featured Posts

Made local news this morning , sounds like it is the complete recording device that police have got so maybe no images have been seen by anyone. I do know people joke about things that are serious and I am sure no one meant any offence by it.

Made local news this morning , sounds like it is the complete recording device that police have got so maybe no images have been seen by anyone. I do know people joke about things that are serious and I am sure no one meant any offence by it.

What I wonder is why the Police were looking in the first place. What aroused the suspicion that such a device was there?

Very worrying. angry.png

I'm interested that Lady M refers to the camera being in a "glory hole". I remember that the cupboard under the stairs, always crammed with dead hoovers and other things which Mum hadn't quite thrown away yet, was known as the glory hole - I thought that this was an expression of her own invention, but the Shorter Oxford Dictionary backs her up: "A drawer or room in which things are heaped together".( It's also the name of a bridge over the canal in Lincoln.) I haven't heard/read the expression for many years.

So presumably a member of the marina staff must be a suspect, as the general public would not have access to this glory hole/ broom cupboard. Have they been interviewed by the management or the police?

Edit: sorry Pilly, my post and yours crossed.

Edited by Athy

I'm interested that Lady M refers to the camera being in a "glory hole". I remember that the cupboard under the stairs, always crammed with dead hoovers and other things which Mum hadn't quite thrown away yet, was known as the glory hole - I thought that this was an expression of her own invention, but the Shorter Oxford Dictionary backs her up: "A drawer or room in which things are heaped together".( It's also the name of a bridge over the canal in Lincoln.) I haven't heard/read the expression for many years.

So presumably a member of the marina staff must be a suspect, as the general public would not have access to this glory hole/ broom cupboard. Have they been interviewed by the management or the police?

Athy that's what I remember as being a glory hole unfortunately it has a more modern meaning just google it wink.png

Not nice camera in the toilet is pervy and sick, very sick

Now the bedroom. Different story, lol

Saying that can we all remember when video cameras came out??

No wives and girlfriends were safe!!

Col

Edited by bigcol

Athy that's what I remember as being a glory hole unfortunately it has a more modern meaning just google it wink.png

I did. I looked in my S.O.D. but, as this is a late 1970s edition, I checked the online Oxford dictionary as well. The meaning did not appear to have been modernised!

It must be some 30 years since the singer/ guitarist Chuck Berry was accused of having a hidden camera in the toilet (the ladies' I assume) of a bar he owned in St. Louis, Missouri. I remember thinking at the time, what's the appeal of seeing films of people weeing and wiping their botties? I still don't really see it.

Edited by Athy

Athy I think you are getting the two stories of Lady M and Scrunch mixed together. The camera was last week, Lady M's story was a few years ago, no camera mentioned in that case just a hole in the shower

I could be. That's what a man-sized dose of the common cold does to my brain! But a hole in a wall is hardly newsworthy on its own, hence I assumed that there was a camera pointing through it to photograph people in the loo. Not so?

I could be. That's what a man-sized dose of the common cold does to my brain! But a hole in a wall is hardly newsworthy on its own, hence I assumed that there was a camera pointing through it to photograph people in the loo. Not so?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_hole_(sexual_slang)

ABOVE LINK IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK COMPUTERS

Edited by junior

Covert CCTV cameras can come in a surprising number of forms made to look like every day normal objects including pens, key fobs, watches, clocks etc.

I would wager the one here was possibly disguised as as smoke alarm or PIR detector. All readily available on eBay including the ability to hold an SD card to retain the recorded images.

(and before anybody says it no it wasn't me who planted the one at Barton!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_hole_(sexual_slang)

ABOVE LINK IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK COMPUTERS

That is distasteful in the extreme. I am pleased to say that I don't frequent milieux in which such expressions are used or such actions performed.

So, synonymous with a "peep hole", which is a more old-established expression.

Thinks: I wonder how our esteemed Lady M knows such an esoteric and low-life expression.

That is distasteful in the extreme. I am pleased to say that I don't frequent milieux in which such expressions are used or such actions performed.

So, synonymous with a "peep hole", which is a more old-established expression.

Thinks: I wonder how our esteemed Lady M knows such an esoteric and low-life expression.

I also think she lives on a 'Dogging' sitetongue.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogging_(sexual_slang)

Edited to add link for the benefit of Athy.

Edited by junior

Man sized dose of common cold. Wow! That's massive! No wonder you are under the weather Mike.

Martyn

The toilets in question are the public ones outside of the boat area (locked at 5.00pm). Boaters have their own marina toilets that are accesed with a key, they can of course use the public ones. Your post infers that it is an inside job.