Cheap MPPT charge cntrollers

Ex- Member

Featured Posts

Just want to check this out. Most my LED's came from China and have been perfectly ok.

So how do MPPT charge controllers compare. Can anyone recommend cheap ones they've bought and are actually using without any issues. Either from China or anywhere else.

cheers.gif

Edited by Julynian

I bought one which worked fine for 6 weeks then decided to send 21 volts into my battery bank, Cost of sending it back was stupid so just swallowed it and learnt a lesson. But hey I did get a pair of MC4 conecters for 1p plus 99p postage

Phil

Cheers Phil, don't know the model No. do you. I'm trying to avoid any dodgy stuff biggrin.png

There's so many out there now, some just seem too cheap as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MPPT-30-Amp-Solar-Power-Charge-Controller-12V-24V-/261327257764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd85180a4

iv been using one of these for over two years now with 6 x 80w panels and it works well....i disconected it at the start of the month and run the panels direct into my battery bank......i run 16 x 6v traction cells

Edited by station tug

I'm going to stick with the Bimble Solar units. I hadn't realised they were in Sherborne either, just a few miles away from my business in Dorset so I can collect stuff easily and no postage. I'll try to pick up one of those 165w panels bargain price under £100 next week, I'm planning a new swivel tilt solar panel set up, much simpler and cheaper than my current set up.

I won't need it through the summer, but might store it away for some extra power next winter.

Lynn said no more solar so I only bought an Outback 60 I new I should have got the 80 LOL So if i do fit it I'll need another charge controller.