boat with 7'9" beam. Best route to move from York to Kennet and Avon.

Simon clarke

Featured Posts

what is the draught??

as far as foxton locks via the trent and soar- leicester GU, then crane - or down the east coast.....round lincolnshire, wash, norfolk, suffolk, thames estuary....oooeer, missus of a trip.

or across L&L, out at liverpool, round wales ooerr, in at Bristol, K n A.

If you do not fancy the oceans, you are looking at a crane and lorry. this could be as short as leicester to braunston, but would be probably a similar cost from Nottingham to Bristol.

what is the draught??

as far as foxton locks via the trent and soar- leicester GU, then crane - or down the east coast.....round lincolnshire, wash, norfolk, suffolk, thames estuary....oooeer, missus of a trip.

If you do not fancy the oceans, you are looking at a crane and lorry. this could be as short as leicester to braunston, but would be probably a similar cost from Nottingham to Bristol.

draught is1ft 6in

draught is1ft

what is the draught??

Which now begs the question on what experinced people on here think is best, West or East Coast?

A1 - M25 - M4

clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

A small boat that looks trailable behind a car to me, although I'm no expert.

Teal-22-boats-for-sale_3-g.jpg

MtB

That's the boat with a different configuration. It has a aft cabin and is 22ft. I think it is trailable, but I don't have a trailer or car. I could probably get some keen quotes from Shipley.com.

Teal boat with quite a wide beam. She is lying in York but if I want to move her South, A, How far South could I move her on the Canal and river system? B, She is capable of inshore estuary voyages, (weather and conditons permitting), so what route would you take?

Simon, you don't know somebody called 'night train' do you? He is also from Bournemouth and thinking of buying a boat (by installments). Perhaps if he is successful you could share transport costs.

I'd suggest take her by wagon, from where you are, to where you're going

It wont need a waggon. It will fit on a smaller road trailer.

Try Tony Tugboat. He trails boats all around the country and yours will fit on his trailers.

Very reasonable prices.

Is that really 7'9" wide?

I'll post the transport company that I used when I get to work. I used them to transport a 8x2.5m 3 ton boat from Surrey to Goole, was around £750, didn't including craning costs whisk was less then £100 at Goole, but around £200 in Surrey.

Even though my boat could have gone on te back of a trailer I didn't think the cost would be much different to hire a car/trailer and a wagon would be much safter.

I'll post the transport company that I used when I get to work. I used them to transport a 8x2.5m 3 ton boat from Surrey to Goole, was around £750, didn't including craning costs whisk was less then £100 at Goole, but around £200 in Surrey.

Even though my boat could have gone on te back of a trailer I didn't think the cost would be much different to hire a car/trailer and a wagon would be much safter.

Tony will dunk his trailer on slipways so you save the cost of lifting either end of the journey.

One quick thought, is there more navigable waterways in the north for ths beam than in the South? If that's the case I may as well leave her there for a few seasons.

Stay up North - you know it makes sense....

Probably this one

Here's the size and shape:

7jpa.jpg

That's the one. I took the measurments from that so presume it's 7.9

Little plastic thing like that, you can just lift it around the locks on the narrow canals! wink.png

Like to see you do that. lol

Simon, you don't know somebody called 'night train' do you? He is also from Bournemouth and thinking of buying a boat (by installments). Perhaps if he is successful you could share transport costs.

No, I don't know him.