Who broke the chatroom!? (maybe it was me)

Featured Posts

I can't seem to get into the Chatroom this evening. It's telling me:

• The IP.Chat room limit has been reached. You will not be able to join the chat room until some users first leave.

But the front page of the forum says that no one is in Chat at the moment, and I can also tell from the members currently online that not many of them are the Chatroom regulars, so it's fairly unlikely that the Chatroom really has reached it's limit of natterers, gossips and tomfoolerers.

:unsure:

Don't tell me I'm gonna have to go out and talk to real, three-dimensional people instead!? :banned:

It's like recently ex smokers who suddenly find they can't get hold of a packet of sweets or chewing gum in this thread innit!

Fortunately there are till plenty of ways of "talking" to people you don't have t actually meet, (as if!), even when the Chat Room is broke!....

The chatroom is hosted by the software providers rather than on by own hosts, so it could be a issue at their end which I shall look into, however for me at the moment it works.

Please report back if there are any further issues of the apparent glitch.

Daniel

Well given the support forum details CSTART-0 as: "An error occurred contacting the IPS Chat Servers. You should open a client center ticket to have this looked into."

I have simply tagged it onto the end of the report I had already raised!

CSTART-2 is ; Invalid Username. If you are getting this error, you should open a support ticket.