Recommended historic boatyards/docks/restorers

AMModels

Featured Posts

Are there two boats called 'Dane'? I'm reasonably sure I saw a wooden motor called DANE between Norton junction and the Braunston tunnel yesterday, although it was hard to see as there was a butty breasted up on the outside.

MtB

Did you HEAR it? My god it's delightful.

Did you HEAR it? My god it's delightful.

It went through Buckby locks last Sunday when we were there the day after the banter. I was the only person to correctly identify the engine from the sound. Accompanied by non historic-loving forum-ites! biggrin.png

Edited by Starcoaster

Narrowcraft at Alvecote Marina as already correctly mentioned, not only for traditional paint jobs of which there are many examples. All the South Midland fleet (many of which have been award winning over the years) and in more recent times Tench. but also for dry dockings of Historic craft, In the last few years we have seen the likes of Rudd, Thea, Nuneaton & Brighton, Tench, Sickle to but name a few. The dry dock not only has a deep cill, designed to take loaded or deep boats but also has bostocks that enable caulking and bottom maintenance.

We also carry out Steel work, overplating and re-footing etc. Auriga and Python to name a few in recent months.

A.P. Boatbuilders are now established at Alvecote too, currently rebuilding wooden motor Dane. For those who are unaware, A.P boatbuilding carry out all matters relating to wood working, from complete builds, bottom boards, planks, caulking to gunwhales, handrails, panelling and cabin fit-outs even elum construction.

Previous jobs include: Saturn(build), Walton(build), Auriga (gunwhales), the list goes on.

Also worth a mention that 12 month Moorings for unconverted Narrowboats in Alvecote Marina attract a 50% Discount, well worth a ring on 01827 898585.

Edited by giveitsomeoil

Not a good deal if you see the state of the jetty's. Only 50% are safe

"Sickle" largely comes with its own in-built "jetty" though, so this could still be an option....smile.png

..... if I lived anywhere near Alvecote, which I don't.sad.png