new build working boat

jimbob01

Featured Posts

For some reason none of the links I click work for me but from the photo's that are pasted onto the forum I agree it looks a lovely boat and is certain to turn heads when out on the cut. Well done to you and thanks for sharing with us.

What work do you plan for her when she is launched?

Great looking boat, would like to see more detail if you have time to post. We have a 26x18" 4 bladed prop on a barge with a lister JP3 and I think it could be a little under propped, so yours seems ok to me. I think the PRM500 can have a trolling valve fitted if the speed at tick over is too great :)

ill try to take some more recent pics when i get a chance to work on it next week.

most of the pics are from early this year/last year

tim..the cabin is rivetted on via the formed angle and the roof the same,all the guards are riveted on 150mm flat and 12mm convex

the skeg is solid bar with a later added upright and gussets.

all the guards have been 'caulked' a steam boilermaker showed me his technique.

mtb the windows are from a passenger liner from the 50s

gunnels down everything is welded

after doing this project i can understand why the rivetting chaps wanted to invent welding.

Edited by jimbob01

It does look a bit like a Bantock at the front.

I'd be a bit concerned about the rivets protruding from the guard irons themselves. The BCN day boats that had that style of guard had them as a { shaped section, so the sides could be riveted but the guard itself was smooth.

I suspect you'll be repainting the protruding rivets quite often.

I'd be a bit concerned about the rivets protruding from the guard irons themselves. The BCN day boats that had that style of guard had them as a { shaped section, so the sides could be riveted but the guard itself was smooth.

I suspect you'll be repainting the protruding rivets quite often.

I'd also be concerned about their ability to inflict damage to lock gate seals if you attempt to enter double locks with only a single gate opened.

With the best will in the world, if the placement isn't perfect there is scope for each "rivet" to try ripping a bit more wood away.

This is a boat that will probably best if the second gate is always at least partially opened at each double lock.

I'd also be concerned about their ability to inflict damage to lock gate seals if you attempt to enter double locks with only a single gate opened.

With the best will in the world, if the placement isn't perfect there is scope for each "rivet" to try ripping a bit more wood away.

This is a boat that will probably best if the second gate is always at least partially opened at each double lock.

That's why boaters should not do that. Just think how much longer gates would last if EVERYONE opened both of themclapping.gif

i just spent the last couple of years making it... im going to make small fabrications from it...one off stoves etc

A truly excellent piece of work. With skills like that, don't bother with stoves - build more boats!clapping.gif