Progress of our new home

Sade

Featured Posts

Hi peeps,

Just an update really as everything is suddenly going REALLY quickly! We had the pre-purchase survey yesterday and we attended so that we could get all the information possible. The surveyor was very thorough and very helpful and seemed like he wanted to give us advice every step of the way which was great. And no nasty surprises, we just have some anodes to replace but everything else is just recommendations.

I'm so relieved and now we are just waiting for the full written report, money is in place to pay for the boat and should all be completed in about a week OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! (sorry hehehehe)

The marina have said that we can keep the boat there for a couple of weeks if we need to and so in that time we will get the hull blacked and the anodes put on and the little bearing at the base of the tiller needs a bit of packing in to make it more snug and then we can sail away to our hearts content!

It's not even September!!! Cannot believe that I'm even typing this to you guys now.....every one of you has been massively helpful and I can't wait for us to join you all on the waterways WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boat.gif

Hi peeps,

Just an update really as everything is suddenly going REALLY quickly! We had the pre-purchase survey yesterday and we attended so that we could get all the information possible. The surveyor was very thorough and very helpful and seemed like he wanted to give us advice every step of the way which was great. And no nasty surprises, we just have some anodes to replace but everything else is just recommendations.

I'm so relieved and now we are just waiting for the full written report, money is in place to pay for the boat and should all be completed in about a week OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! (sorry hehehehe)

The marina have said that we can keep the boat there for a couple of weeks if we need to and so in that time we will get the hull blacked and the anodes put on and the little bearing at the base of the tiller needs a bit of packing in to make it more snug and then we can sail away to our hearts content!

It's not even September!!! Cannot believe that I'm even typing this to you guys now.....every one of you has been massively helpful and I can't wait for us to join you all on the waterways WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boat.gif

Congratulations!!

Can i ask what surveyor you used? And also what brokerage/marina you bought through?

I have the survey being carried out tommorow on my boat-to-be. FINGERS CROSSED!

Congratulations!!

Can i ask what surveyor you used? And also what brokerage/marina you bought through?

I have the survey being carried out tommorow on my boat-to-be. FINGERS CROSSED!

Thanks Junior...we used David Williams (Somerset) and he travelled to Devizes Marina which is also the brokerage we used (only by chance though) ...Good luck on your survey! :)

I to would be interested in knowing which surveyor you used as I have sort of found a boat and feeling my way forward. Please advise. Also which is best insurance company?

Patty-ann, David Williams was recommended by another surveyor and I couldn't be happier with him, he was very thorough and calm and didn't mind all the questions....and he gave us loads of advice on everything from ballast to gas bottles and boat safety (not due til 2016) requirements. I have looked at a few insurers and found that Craftinsure were very competitive so will be using them for ours. :) Good luck!

whooooohooooo! well done you. You have to remember to keep the little bearing snug at all times.cheers.gif

I'm just over the moon......all very surreal! hehehee :)

It so great to hear someone bursting with excitement ... thank you for taking a moment to share it with us

Hehehee I just cannot contain myself.....feels like a permanent celebration at the moment and can't wait to get the keys! :)

Great news Sade, congratulations, you're finally there at last (well very nearly anyway). Exciting times ahead. We bought ours in January and moved aboard in March and we're loving every minute.

Good luck with your surveys Junior and Patty-Ann.

Thanks Neil.....it's going to be a huge adventure and I can't stop smiling! :)

Great newsclapping.gif Glad all is wellcaptain.gif

Enjoy it, it's great.

Jamescheers.gif

Thanks James we really can't wait! :)

Great news !

Hope its just as you want it .

Thanks Glynn! :)

Brilliant Sade hope you enjoy your new life perhaps we will pass on the water one day

Would be great to see any of you on the waterways....our boat will always be open for a cuppa or something stronger cheers.gif

Every time I read one of these, the excitement is very infectious. Sitting here with a big smile on my face, again. Thanks for sharing your joy! :-)

Hehehe love it! Our dream is coming true and I keep having to pinch myself .... :)

• 1 month later...